Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Axles Choices Discussion

Hi MJR.... this is a continuation from another thread discussing upgrade options for a front D30 axle....

Robert I liked the idea of a stout 44 that you presented. How does that compare to a Dynatrac Pro-rock 44?

What are the differences between a Yukon Zip Air Locker vs. an ARB? When we say a "true high 9" is expensive stuff... is there a definable gap to the extra cost of a high 9 vs Dana series axle? Do you get more for the extra cost?

And the most important question... when are vendors going to make LED light strip wrapped axle housings???

Skeeter, Skeeter, you just love trinkets and gimmicks lol.

Comment

Originally posted by vwtipeii View Post
      Hi MJR.... this is a continuation from another thread discussing upgrade options for a front D30 axle....
      Personally I like to overbuild things since I drive to the trails and back and my Tera CRD60Rs have been doing fine with 40s and a Hemi. If you can swing it, get one of those or a RJ60. Keep checking Pirate, I see some popping up for sale from time to time.

Originally posted by vwtipeii View Post
      And the most important question... when are vendors going to make LED light strip wrapped axle housings???
      Dude, you'll never be as cool as this one
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWv8RQZl0Eg
      [COLOR="Blue"]If you don't have the time to do it right, what makes you think you'll have the time to do it twice?[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence View Post
        Personally I like to overbuild things since I drive to the trails and back and my Tera CRD60Rs have been doing fine with 40s and a Hemi. If you can swing it, get one of those or a RJ60. Keep checking Pirate, I see some popping up for sale from time to time.

Dude, you'll never be as cool as this one
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWv8RQZl0Eg
        Give Skeeter a change, he is halfway there allready, some dingle balls and curtains would complement it nicely :-)

Comment

A buddy of mine is selling his axles at a great price. Check it out, might be what you're looking for:
          http://www.wranglerforum.com/f14/d35...it-162345.html

Please let him know I referred you if you contact him.

Comment

Originally posted by suicideking View Post
            A buddy of mine is selling his axles at a great price. Check it out, might be what you're looking for:
            http://www.wranglerforum.com/f14/d35...it-162345.html
            Please let him know I referred you if you contact him.
            With this axle and his 37s, Brett will be unstoppable. Gatekeeper, here he comes! D35>8.8
            [COLOR="Blue"]If you don't have the time to do it right, what makes you think you'll have the time to do it twice?[/COLOR]

Comment

With this axle and his 37s, Brett will be unstoppable. Gatekeeper, here he comes! D35>8.8
              Yeah, he built it up pretty good, was running 35's on it. Selling because he bought a Rubicon to rape for parts, so these will be left over from the swap.

Comment

Yeah, he built it up pretty good, was running 35's on it. Selling because he bought a Rubicon to rape for parts, so these will be left over from the swap.
                I think there was a tad of sarcasm in there lol. Just hang around longer and you will catch on to what he means

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                  I think there was a tad of sarcasm in there lol. Just hang around longer and you will catch on to what he means
                  I have no idea what you're talking about! Sorry for the sarcasm suicideking, besides we're talking front axles here.

On that note, how about a JK44? I have read good things about those, and it seems that it could be a less expensive alternative. And the bonus would be... wait for it... wait for it...

Comment

I have no idea what you're talking about! Sorry for the sarcasm suicideking, besides we're talking front axles here.

On that note, how about a JK44? I have read good things about those, and it seems that it could be a less expensive alternative. And the bonus would be... wait for it... wait for it...

Yup JK Dana 44 when built up with thicker axle tubes and the inner C's beefed up make a nice axle for 37"'s
                    For that blingy ledded up cover alone, Skeeter would buy that axle lol
                    Last edited by aw12345; 05-29-12, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Brett will definitely like a cover like that.

Comment

Yeah, didn't catch that. The coffee hadn't set in yet. I should know better than to respond to stuff after a 3 day weekend with a low level of caffeine in my blood... :oops:

Also not really familiar with axle choices for the older Jeeps...

Comment

Like I said, stick around and you'll learn all kinds of good Jeep related stuff. Lots of smart people here that love wheelin and like to push the fire roading envelope just a little bit.

Comment

Like I said, stick around and you'll learn all kinds of good Jeep related stuff. Lots of smart people here that love wheelin and like to push the fire roading envelope just a little bit.
                            That's why I'm here!

I just did an axle swap on my Jeep too -- replaced my D30 with a D44. Got a great deal on a near new front Rubi D44.

I looked into the PR44, but can't afford the $5K + install cost. D44 will do for now! I added sleeve and gussets, Riddler diff cover. Only running 33's now, but will upgrade to 35's in the next few years.
                            Last edited by suicideking; 05-29-12, 12:54 PM.

Comment

That's why I'm here!

I just did an axle swap on my Jeep too -- replaced my D30 with a D44. Got a great deal on a near new front Rubi D44.

I looked into the PR44, but can't afford the $5K + install cost. D44 will do for now! I added sleeve and gussets, Riddler diff cover. Only running 33's now, but will upgrade to 35's in the next few years.
                              When sleeved and gusseted it will do 37's good choice

Comment

Working...
                              X