Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeeperator View Post
    Got mine at a junkyard for $100 but its starting to leak so maybe a rebuilt would be better. I want to find a reputable rebuilder and send it in.
    If it has no slop, just by the rebuilt kit from Summit and reseal the thing, isn't all that hard. You would be able to knock that out in less than 2 hours

Comment

Thinking about having it reworked and have internal stops modded like the psc boxes. Rebuilt many hydralic cylinders ,John deere swash plate hydralic pumps and a few transmissions back in my wrenching days. Never had a steering box apart cheaper for the company to just send them out.

Comment

I have the opposite problem. My new Durango box is super tight and annoyingly touchy at high speeds. It is freaking awesome at low speeds or on curvy roads. Now for the hazing from every one... I bought it from Autozone for $180. Used my stock box as the core.

Everyone disses Autozone, but I have a LIFETIME warranty. If it dies, I don't pay a dime. Say what you will, but their lifetime warranty policy rocks! I have only purchased one set of brakes for my Jeep. The rest have been warranty replacements.
        [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
        Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
        [/COLOR]

Comment

[COLOR="sienna"]I don't have a problem with AutoZone's warranty...but I bought an alternator & a starter from them. Both items I had to be back in their store exchanging parts in two weeks, and again, and again. Then I went to NAPA.

Curtis, Durango box huh? I'll look for one while I'm shopping around for TJ axles for my D30.
          [/COLOR]
          [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
          Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
            I have the opposite problem. My new Durango box is super tight and annoyingly touchy at high speeds. It is freaking awesome at low speeds or on curvy roads. Now for the hazing from every one... I bought it from Autozone for $180. Used my stock box as the core.

Everyone disses Autozone, but I have a LIFETIME warranty. If it dies, I don't pay a dime. Say what you will, but their lifetime warranty policy rocks! I have only purchased one set of brakes for my Jeep. The rest have been warranty replacements.
            I personally like auto zone especially for brakes lol. I have heard a few complain about thier alternators and I have had issues with their ignition products. But their warranty are pretty good. I just might do the same thing swap mine out with a warranty.

Comment

Back to the box:
              When I had mine in, I noticed that while turning one way it was really easy and the way I'd want it, While turning the other way it was harder and had a little vibe in it while turning. Then one day I drove about 20 miles to work, parked, walked ahead of the jeep, looked back like all lover's of jeeps do even when it's your own and I saw it gushing steering fluid from the box. WTF.... That's when I said bye bye to the Durango box. Also 100.00 from a yard..
              1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

literally just replaced my Durango box with another Durango box, why? Bc of Autozones warranty! New box drives great!

I'm not sure I can blame the steering box even though it is only 3 or 4 years old. I beat the piss out of it...
                [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                X