Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya that is an idea, but heres the issue. If I did get an Atlas, it would be the 2 speed. The 4 speed is longer and in an already short wheel base TJ, pinion angles are going to get even worse. Then theres the issue of money. Then theres the issue of even more fabrication to get it to fit. lol. 2 speed Atlas would be ideal. Even the 2 speed takes fabrication. All nice and dandy provided you have the right tools for the job, the know how, the money, and the time.

For now, I have to deal with what I got. If I had an Unlimited, then I would agree to go 4 speed.

Now I might be mistaken if advanced Adapters has come out with a shorter 4 speed. If that is the case, I stand corrected on the length issue.

Comment

2 speed atlas should fit with very few issues unless you want a flatbelly then it becomes a wee bit more work.
      Do you still have the original front half of your transfercase? I could swap that in there for ya and you can drive the Jeep till you figure out what you want to do with the terralo

Comment

hi

Unfortunately I don't. A shop did the work and I never thought to collect it. I could call them, but I doubt he still has it. I have a rubicon express long arm; so its got the flat belly. I contacted teralow again and requested they consider warranty. Lets see what they say. I doubt I'll have that kind of luck, but worth a shot. Thanks man. I'll keep you posted.

If they agree, I'll pull it out by Sunday and ship it to them whole. Issue is I have to have this jeep out of my house by the 16th. I also asked how long it would take. Lets see.

Comment

Nikos,

I have a stock NP231J that you could borrow until you get your TeraLow back. Just don't go jumping any sand dunes while you're using it.

Russ
          If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
          KI6MLU

Comment

Originally posted by Russ Chung View Post
            Nikos,

I have a stock NP231J that you could borrow until you get your TeraLow back. Just don't go jumping any sand dunes while you're using it.

Russ
            Quite a memory Russ. That made me laugh.
            If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

If you get an Altas, you'll likely have to change or lengthen/shorten your driveshafts.
              Be sure to order up the FLAT rotation Atlas so you can do a flat skid without a bunch of trouble.
              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
              ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Great New I guess. They will warranty it. Awesome. Now I have to remove it. Thats the easy part. They recommend me shipping the half front half only. Any reads on doing this solo. Issue is I have to get this shipped by Monday and this weekend is really tough to travel. Im thinking of just shipping the whole np231 to them. Im so relieved in a way. Super lucky I guess.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. When the time comes for that upgrade I'll keep your words in mind.
                  Originally posted by NAILER341 View Post
                  If you get an Altas, you'll likely have to change or lengthen/shorten your driveshafts.
                  Be sure to order up the FLAT rotation Atlas so you can do a flat skid without a bunch of trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ Chung View Post
                    Nikos,

Russ
                    You guys still remember that. LMAO. whoa. Thanks man, but they said they would have it done super fast. If it doesn't pan out, I'll keep your offer in mind. Are you sure? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
                      Quite a memory Russ. That made me laugh.

Made me smile too. Blast from the past.

Comment

It sounds like it was a good story... any pics of the carnage??

Comment

Teralow wasn't in the jeep then, but it was a learning experience to say the least.

Comment

Pulling the transfer case this weekend. I decided to just send it in entire. They said they would get it done asap. Thanks for all the help. Let the fun begin.

Comment

Pulled it out today and UPS already has it for delivery on Monday. HE YA!! Thanks people.

Comment

Originally posted by vwtipeii View Post
                                It sounds like it was a good story... any pics of the carnage??
                                Video:
                                http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...l=1#post149652
                                If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Working...
                                X