Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever install a Super 8.8 kit? Anyone feel like helping me do it? ;)

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm with Kurt, wetsand is the way to go. Looking good though Brett! Man I can't wait to see what your rig looks like the next time I'm out that way. I was hoping to make BB this January but there's a chance I'm headed to Israel for work... We shall see.
    USMC F&AM

Comment

I'd call Genright and ask them. How are you attaching the flares to the corners? If they're weld on, shouldn't you have waited in the paint?

Wet sand with 800 to 1000 grit, between coats, will help the blotchy-ness. Get some dupli-color clear. It sprays pretty good for a rattle can.
      It was like that when I got here.

Comment

I did call Genright. Apparently I had the wrong side flare on the fender when I took the picture... hence why it looked so bad...whoopsy

I am just going to bolt them on. It only takes 4 bolts. The paint doesn't have to be perfect as I am quite sure I will have plenty of rock rash over the next year, i just don't want them to look like I painted them when I was drunk while blindfolded painting with my left foot!

On another note... I saw quite the wallet rig in Bev Hills today when i walked to Subway for lunch... a late 60's or early 70's Bronco with Warn locking hubs front AND rear. I never saw locking hubs in the rear before. I would have taken a picture but the guy drove away before I could. Lastly my Super 8.8 kit already arrived today from Yukon. I may have to have the kit installed before i do the stretch

B

Comment

Some guys with full floating rear axles would put in locking hubs. This way, all they have to do is unlock all the hubs, and your ready to flat tow, and none of their drive train is turning. Very clever.

Comment

Did a few more updates today before work. Sanded the fenders and used a Rustoleum "Hammered Black" finish. It kind of looks like my current powder coat but doesn't need primer and will be easy to use to touch up once I get some new rock rash on the fenders. I wet sanded them last night... thank you all for the tips! How do you think they look?

My landlord came out and yelled at me for my paint overspray on the cement... for as much as I pay in rent.. he can get over it... this is why i live here:
            I took this while driving. I stopped in the middle of Highland Ave and Manhattan Beach Blvd rolled down my window and snapped this shot.

Front door view is not too shabby:

On another totally different note I passed a cool Brute on the way to work yesteday, and tried to snap some shots while driving:

I wasn't texting and YES I know i need to wash my window!

Hoping to finally get the TC's in next week. I got a pick of that project coming along today as well, the big round shiney part on the bottom left is the base to the Kune V

i also fixed my stilly Rancho RX9000 shocks, they mailed me new adjuster knobs that were a cinch to intall. Only took 2 min with an Alan wrench but I didn't think you wanted to see boring picks of a shock.

Hope to be able to get the 8.8 done soon!!!

Comment

Looks good man! I'm anxious to see how your new TC works for you once you get it installed. I thought you already had an 8.8 in there?
              USMC F&AM

Comment

The new paint looks good. I like the hammer finish.
                Those left standing
                Will make millions
                Writing books on ways
                It should have been
                -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Thanks guys. I do have the Ford 8.8... but I am going to have Kurt help me put in Chromoly shafts and C-clip eliminator. I will need those shafts to handle all the torque from the new TC combo.

Comment

I sure miss HB and MB. I used to work for Boccato's market. Both stores Hermosa and Manhattan. The MB store is at the corner where you took the sunset pic. It was a great place to be a teenager. I can probably find your place based on your front door pic, if I study it long enough. Keep your doors locked

Comment

door is always open... beer in fridge...

Comment

Paint looks good but if you are still having issues Hit those things with some of that Over The Counter truck bed liner the spray is a little more uneven looking and rough so it will blend in a little more. Pick it up at your local hardware store. Like OU812 said instead of 800 I used 1000 on my light housing and that helped out big time hit them once more and bang done deal the hardware is gonna get used so it is gonna get dirty and dirt hides stuff like no other.

Danny
                        Last edited by JK08; 12-13-11, 09:08 PM. Reason: Spelling
                        [COLOR="red"]Are you seeing planes? Is your name Tattoo? Because I swear to God, you're living on Fantasy Island[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                        X