Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have got to be kidding me! $260 to pull off a bumper and winch which should only be an extra hour of work which is what ~$90 and hour. They say there is no metal elsewhere they are lying, where did all the metal go from the cam lobe? Heres a thought, get a really strong magnet and put it on the drainplug. When you do a oil change check the plug and cut the oil filter open and check it out. I have a oil filter cutter if you want to drop the filter by. Thats really the only way to know they did the job right. If not there is little tiny peices of metal flakes all through your engine eating your oil pump and bearings up. IMO I think they should of just swaped in another factory remanufactured engine.

Comment

Originally posted by nwoods View Post
      Oh yeah, they said they filled it with Valvoline 5W30
      No more Mobil 1 Synthetic for you mister...
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Jeeperator View Post
        You have got to be kidding me! $260 to pull off a bumper and winch which should only be an extra hour of work which is what ~$90 and hour. They say there is no metal elsewhere they are lying, where did all the metal go from the cam lobe? Heres a thought, get a really strong magnet and put it on the drainplug. When you do a oil change check the plug and cut the oil filter open and check it out. I have a oil filter cutter if you want to drop the filter by. Thats really the only way to know they did the job right. If not there is little tiny peices of metal flakes all through your engine eating your oil pump and bearings up. IMO I think they should of just swaped in another factory remanufactured engine.
        Well the good news is that I have 18 months and 50,000 miles left on the Warrenty, so if something goes crunch later on, it will probably be covered. As for the bumper, it's a PIA to do. I've done it, I'm happy to pay someone else to do it this time :-)
        Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
        Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
        HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Originally posted by Jeeperator View Post
          They say there is no metal elsewhere they are lying, where did all the metal go from the cam lobe?
          I think it ended up in my catalytic converter. There's a bit of a rattle in there now.....

TreadLightly Trainer
          HAM - KI6PFO

Comment

Originally posted by nwoods View Post
            I think it ended up in my catalytic converter. There's a bit of a rattle in there now.....
            UH OH! time for another new cat. Was it you that had it replaced once before? The rest of that cam lobe is in your pan getting ready to lock your oil pump up. lol That is if they didn't drop the pan and clean it out. Hopefully it doesn't happen on your mohave trip. Make sure you go with other people.

Comment

No, my cat's are original...but they have a 100,000 mile warranty I think (state law?). I'm trying to figure out if they removed the pipes upstream of the cat's when they redid the head. It seems like one of the flanges is a bit unsettled as well as the rattle within the cat itself.

TreadLightly Trainer
              HAM - KI6PFO

Comment

Usually rattleling inside the cat means its coming apart and breaking up inside.

Comment

Emissions warranty is 8yr-80k I think. Jump on it.
                  Those left standing
                  Will make millions
                  Writing books on ways
                  It should have been
                  -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Don-a-vee rocks. They did the same for my tranny rebuild. Glad you got it back on the road for minimal out of pocket

Comment

Nathan, I have the same 7/70 on my 06 LJ, just so you know, its bumper to bumper.
                      Jeep

Comment

Working...
                      X