Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KM'2s and dont look back. 4wheelpart has a good deal on 33's with a 60 dollar instant rebate. I'm considering these. Little over 700

Comment

tires

goodyear mtr with kevlar for 210.00 = tax and be done with it .americas tire .

Comment

Maybe I will stick to my BFG mud tires, they work well on street,rain. I have not had them on rocks nor sand. Since it is my only ride right now. Have not had the chance to go wheeling since I got back to So.Cal. 3 years now. Way to long. Just a CRUZER, for now.

Comment

KM2's or MTR's are both a good choice, for a lot of street driving and some wheelin, the BFG AT's aren't a bad choice either, good street manners and do decent offroad

Comment

I sould be ok then if I stick to my BFG MT for all around then right? I do plan to bump up to atleast 32s once i get a real lift. Maybe some 33x10.50 pizza cutters. The one concern is how would they be in sand. I would like to go check out some sand dunes in glamis.

Comment

Just my 2pennies. I currently have the 37" MTR/Kevlars, IMHO an all around great tire. Where I am from and used to wheel(OK and TX), I was very surprised at how well these performed. I have ran many mud terrain tires on many different vehicles in the last 15 years. I used to like BFG MT's, but tore way too many sidewalls, and actually had some blow out on the road. Pro-Comp MT's and Xterrains, well they are as hard as rocks and traction anywhere was awful. I have had 2 sets of Toyo MT's and loved them for a DD mud tire because they wear like iron, but they are very heavy tires (harder on drivetrain components) and lacked a little in the traction department. I've also had almost every Interco tire, and just didn't care for any of them on a daily driver.

I have driven my Jeep from TX to Denver,CO and back on my MTR's. Considering they are 37"s on beadlocks, I was able to cruise at 70-75 mph and loved it! Funny thing is I don't daily drive my Jeep so I could have any tire on it for wheeling and I stick with these for the street-ability if I ever feel like taking a road trip in the Jeep.

Now if I had some red-label Krawlers for wheeling only that's another story

Comment

GarzaLJ, thanks for the well rounded veiw on different tires out there. I was alittle torn on which tires to purchase but now i think you helped me narrow it down.

Comment

Dollar for dollar you cant beat a bfg km2 with the deal i posted previously. Made by the #1 offroad tire maker in the world, race results speak for themselves. If you want to spend a little more coin get the goodyear kevlars. Which one is better? who knows. But both are good choices and have 3 ply sidewalls. So far I absolutly love my bfg km2's.

Comment

Thanks for that input and experience. We will keep that in mind. Happy 4 Wheeling !

Comment

Working...
                    X