• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BFG KM2 vs GENERAL GRABBERS

Who has used these tires?
    what do you think of them?

I am getting ready to buy a set of tires and I cant decide on which one
    I am also looking at the BFG AT KO for a great allterrian tire.

I will be getting these tires in a 35 x 12.50 x 15

please let me know what you think

I am running the BFG KM2 35 12.50 x 15's on my CJ-7.

I love them! The traction with these tires is great! So far the wear has been great too!
    Regards,
    Randy

"An army of asses led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by an ass" George Washington

www.youtube.com/user/MyBrokenJeep

Comment

I'm running KM2's and overall I really like the tires. Quite on the road and do very well in the dirt. I do have some traction issues on some more difficult rock climbs like the hammers but the side walls are very durable. My XTerrians hooked up a little better but had a weak side wall.
      Check out .

Comment

I am a huge fan of wheeling in the snow and I was pushing towards the BFG AT KO's because of the milage rating and how well they preform in snow but they are also terrible in the mud

I know the grabbers are some what new but I have seen a few rigs running they.
        if I keep my tires I have now and only run the KM2's when I go out wheeling I will get a bunch more time out of them
        but I think the KM2's are in the front of my list right now

Comment

I have 35x12.5x16 KM2's and they are really good. I am leaning towards Goodyear MTR's for the Kevlar sidewall, but the KM2's have done really well. Great traction, great ride on the street, good wear. I have about 10k miles on mine, and they still look great. My buddy has about 35k miles (33" on a 4Runner) on his KM2's and they are worn, but not nearly as bad as I would have thought at that mileage.

I recently stuffed my front wheel into a sharp rock, aired down to 8PSI, with the entire weight of the Jeep bearing on that one wheel. It was deformed to the point where the sidewall wrapped around the rim. Leadfoot Josh can probably tell you it was pretty major, but the bead held and there is no damage to the tire. I was impressed.
          Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
          Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
          HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Ditto! x 2 or 3 on the KM2,s I,m also running the 35x12.50s on my 97 TJ so far liking them, although I,ve only put about two or thee hundred actual off-road miles on em and was happy with them, and as the others have said they run great on the street quite and smooooth!!
            "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

General Grabbers I have heard the rubber is soft and they wear fast.
              I run KM2, great tire, you cant go wrong, good traction and strong...... buy at 4 Wheel Parts, and get the warranty, for off road use. Last set of tires I had they replaced 8 for me because of trail damage.
              06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
              07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

goodyear wrangler mtr kevlar .210.00 ea at americas tire .great sidewall .been very good to me.

Comment

big bfg fan here. hard to beat em.

Comment

BFG km2's FTW have americas tire price match this price http://www.onlinetires.com/products/...%252Farwl.html for best deal ever. If AT wants you to pay for shipping just say you can pick the tires up at onlines tire.com in cerritos. Total just for the 4 tires with tax is $653.67 and I believe 4 X $15 for mount and lifetime balance.
                    Last edited by Jeeperator; 11-24-10, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeeperator View Post
                      BFG km2's FTW have americas tire price match this price http://www.onlinetires.com/products/...%252Farwl.html for best deal ever. If AT wants you to pay for shipping just say you can pick the tires up at onlines tire.com in cerritos. Total just for the 4 tires with tax is $653.67 and I believe 4 X $15 for mount and lifetime balance.
                      Man, my 16" wheels are killing me! $1,048.00 for four 315/75/16 KM2's at that website
                      Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
                      Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
                      HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

[COLOR="Sienna"]Bookmarked![/COLOR]
                        [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                        Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by nwoods View Post
                          I have 35x12.5x16 KM2's and they are really good. I am leaning towards Goodyear MTR's for the Kevlar sidewall, but the KM2's have done really well. Great traction, great ride on the street, good wear. I have about 10k miles on mine, and they still look great. My buddy has about 35k miles (33" on a 4Runner) on his KM2's and they are worn, but not nearly as bad as I would have thought at that mileage.

I recently stuffed my front wheel into a sharp rock, aired down to 8PSI, with the entire weight of the Jeep bearing on that one wheel. It was deformed to the point where the sidewall wrapped around the rim. Leadfoot Josh can probably tell you it was pretty major, but the bead held and there is no damage to the tire. I was impressed.

:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up
                          after that.. i knew I was goin KM2's when my old style MTR's wear out...
                          [COLOR="Blue"]www.LEADFOOToffroad.com [/COLOR][COLOR="blue"][COLOR="Red"] COMING SOON!!![/COLOR][/COLOR]
                          PARTS, SERVICE, INSTALLATION & CUSTOM FAB...

Comment

why the heck are 33's $25 more per tire on that site?
                            An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by mrchips View Post
                              General Grabbers I have heard the rubber is soft and they wear fast.
                              I had a set of Grabbers at one time and you are right. Good traction but they wear fast and the sidewall is thin.
                              "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

Working...
                              X