Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2blk2drs View Post
    why the heck are 33's $25 more per tire on that site?
    Whats funny they have 2 different sets of bfg km2s with different prices also. I dont know why 33 are more money maybe they make more 35" so the price is less. Any tire bigger than 15" is going to be more obviously. Price those 16" at americas tire and see what you would save.

Comment

I have the KM2's in the 35" and on 17" rims.
      Love them.
      Mine have over 50k on them and will probably last until next summer sometime.
      They are worn enough that they look like the krawlers now.

I do have some pretty good cuts on the sidewalls of one, but it has held up.
      I did put a stick through the side of one just after I got them two years ago.

Todd
      Proud to be an American! Sharetrails/BRC President.
      Sponsors: BFG, Raceline, Advance Adapters, Currie, T&T Customs.

Comment

Not to derail the thread, but are the new MTR's as soft as the originals?

I need new shoes and have narrowed it down to KM2's or the new MTR's, but my jeep is a DD, and I dont want to spend another grand on tires in a year or two.
        An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeeperator View Post
          Whats funny they have 2 different sets of bfg km2s with different prices also. I dont know why 33 are more money maybe they make more 35" so the price is less. Any tire bigger than 15" is going to be more obviously. Price those 16" at americas tire and see what you would save.

BFG is changing the tire product ###'s on the tire, they have been doing that a lot the last year.
          The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

Im going to save this link I need to buy tires for the Jeep and the truck. Wish I had some 15" rims for the Jeep.
            I'll keep my money, guns and freedom...you can keep the "Change".

Comment

I must be the only guy that does not like the KM2. Too many sidewall repairs for me. 'Open Country' tires will be my next set.
              "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
              (Charles Wells)

Comment

Originally posted by Mtbikbob View Post
                I must be the only guy that does not like the KM2. Too many sidewall repairs for me. 'Open Country' tires will be my next set.
                Funny thing the guy at Discount I talked to said the same thing about kevlar MTR's. Oh well, If I can kill enough sidewalls, I may never have to buy another set again :beer:
                An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Mtbikbob View Post
                  Sounds like the tires dont like you either or at least your driving LOL. Honestly I was in motino wash and a rock grabed the side wall of one of my km2's and it flex so much I thought it was going to cut or burst buy it just release and went back where it was suppose to. I gaurentee any 2 ply tire would of failed. I was amazed. BTW the mtr's are quite a bit more money also.

Comment

Sounds like the tires dont like you either or at least your driving LOL. Honestly I was in motino wash and a rock grabed the side wall of one of my km2's and it flex so much I thought it was going to cut or burst buy it just release and went back where it was suppose to. I gaurentee any 2 ply tire would of failed. I was amazed. BTW the mtr's are quite a bit more money also.
                    Could be.... Ran 12 lbs air on my TJ, started up3n17x at lake Silverwood and had a tear on the first hill up. About 50 yards into the trail. Now I will not run less than 18 lbs to try to mitigate sidewall flats. Yeah....driver choice has lots to do with it I agree, but honestly I try to drive conservatively so I dont have these problems.
                    "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
                    (Charles Wells)

Comment

I run about 12-15#s also. 3n17x Of all places with hardly any rocks to tear a sidewall. Was it up the steep hill with bypasses? I wonder if you hit a metal stake or something. First time with these new tires and rims on Motino wash tore the crap out of the brand new wheels and tire had just a few scuffs.Been up gold moutain and John Bull quite a bit also with no problems also. For the money I personally think its the best tire available. I cant afford $350+ a tire for bfg crawlers.

Comment

im running 10-15 psi depending on terrain with 35" R16 KM2. i can say ive beat the sidewalls and had no issues so far. things im not happy with are wear and rock traction, but i only have two other sets of tires to compare them with and im pretty new to the sport. also im alot heavier then your rigs

unfortunately the next step up in performance is going to be some bias tires or expensive soft compound tires...is my guess
                        KB1UTG (keep being one ultimate tough guy)

Comment

Troy for the money you cannot beat Pitbull Rockers

Comment

Sounds like the tires dont like you either or at least your driving LOL. Honestly I was in motino wash and a rock grabed the side wall of one of my km2's and it flex so much I thought it was going to cut or burst buy it just release and went back where it was suppose to. I gaurentee any 2 ply tire would of failed. I was amazed.
                            Kinda like this?
                            (another Motino flex shot)

Trust me, this is NOTHING compared to what Leadfoot Josh and I saw the other day in Johnson Valley.
                            Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
                            Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
                            HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Actually my tire caught a pointy rock driving by it as i was watching. I thought it was going to tear the side wall for sure but it didn't. It just stretched and snaped back into shape with a little scuff on the sidewall.

Comment

I hope its not to late to respond to this topic, but I to am thinking of new KM2s. Now I have a lil doubt in there rock climbing ability. Are the good on rocks or not. Also wondering has anyone used them in sand? I currently run BFG muds. Which have lasted a long time. I am a DD. Do I get the KM2s or not. What is the bottom line.

Comment

Working...
                                X