Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DirtBall89 View Post
    You are correct. With a salvage title, you can only obtain liability insurance. I would go to battle with the insurance company. Don't just roll over and let them total it. Did you have a customized vehicle rider to cover all the aftermarket goodies? I have all my aftermarket stuff insured and it only added $130.00 per year. They are much less likely to total the vehicle with $20K worth of additional parts on the policy.
    When I got the insurance I was informed that State Farm covered the mods automatically, so long as I had a list of them. Hence I never got additional insurance on the added parts. We'll see how State Farm stands up to their earlier claims.

Comment

mab1632, Please stop double posting your threads in two forums. I've merged your threads. Please keep them in one section only.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interne...Double_posting
      If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Take the check and let me buy it back.
        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
        ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

No Good Choices

OK --- as I continue to battle the insurance company, it looks like my choices are:

>> take the money and run

>> get the salvaged rig and fix it up

>> swap parts with a different rig to avoid the salvage title

>> just buy some other rig

Has anyone heard about problems with salvage titles if you are involved in an accident later on? Someone from Cal 4WD implied this could be a big problem ...

Thanks for your thoughts ...

Comment

What are they offering you for the jeep, what do you have in the jeep,and what is the jeep appraised at. I would read the the law on salvage to make sure you understand it. You need to stand up to the insurance company and say this is what I want and no less.
            IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Buy it back, find a good deal on another and start swapping parts.
              God forgives, rocks don't
              -sons of thunder

Comment

I believe Ca laws on salvage cars are. A Brake and light inspection
                Vin Inspection, (CHP) and a new smog (not sure on this) We did a fire job on a Dodge Caravan the customer wanted to keep and She said it was not that big of a deal to do...Take the $$$ and keep the Jeep!!!!
                The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

Won the Fight with Insurance Company

UPDATE --- After 7 weeks of battling the insurance company, I finally won the arguement by getting an independent appraiser to place a value on my rig. The appraiser established a value 40% higher than the insurance company had estimated. That meant there was no way they could declare my rig a "total loss".

Now the insurance company will be fixing my rig up like new, and I'll end up with a clear title to boot!

SUCCESS COMES TO THOSE WHO HANG IN THERE !!!!

Comment

Watch the body shop very close. They will bid it with new parts and then put on used or inferior. Also check it out really well before you sign and take it. Good luck.
                    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Honestly, I'd have rather cashed out and bought the damaged jeep back for a grand.
                      As long as you are happy.....
                      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Working...
                      X