Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the same kit on my '95, I am doing my first tow trip next, I'll post my experience with tracking when I get back.
    When I bought it, the track bar wouldn't stay tight and the all the sway bar pivot points didn't move.
    The result of all that was a bump steering, wondering ride.
    Now that all the points that should move do and the track bar stays tight but still pivots it drives VERY good.

Scars are souvenirs you never loose, the past is never far.

Comment

Just returned from the first flat towing trip, no issues with tracking. It followed along everywhere it was told to and went arrow-straight down the highway. All good.

Comment

That first time is real fun.

Comment

Pull the rear D/shaft and you'll have NO issues at all, EVER.
          Don't forget to UN-lock the steering wheel........
          FWIW: I've towed my CJ-7 all over the western USA and have had NO issues what so-ever.
          Respectfully,
          LG
          Hav'n you along, is like loose'n 2 good men....

Comment

Originally posted by Lumpy Grits View Post
            Pull the rear D/shaft and you'll have NO issues at all, EVER.
            Don't forget to UN-lock the steering wheel........
            FWIW: I've towed my CJ-7 all over the western USA and have had NO issues what so-ever.
            Respectfully,
            LG
            For the 231 t-case he is running, there is absolutely no benefit or reason for pulling the rear driveshaft in a YJ or TJ. Yes some CJs like you have require that when you have the Dana 300 transfer case but that's not the case for the OP.

As recommended above already, the only thing you need to do for a Jeep with a 231 t-case (All non-Rubicon Wranglers have a 231) is to shift the transmission into gear or Park, shift the t-case into Neutral, and unlock the ignition so the front tires can follow the tow-vehicle through turns.
            The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

Working...
            X