Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zoobi View Post
    Years ago I helped a stranded guy who had a wagoner. He was wheeling, bounced it hard and broke the engine.
    We got to talking and he was so mad he said " if someone gave me a hundred dollars right now they can have this POS".
    One hour later, gave him a hundred, we towed it to my house, I gave him a ride home. The next morning I'm inspecting it and noticed the broken battery, swapped it with one I had and it started. He thought he broke the motor because it wouldn't crank or jump start. It needed a battery and fix the tray.

WOW... and you had a Waggy for $100 + battery, and tray = $350 maybe! Awesome for you, crappy for him. :beer:

Comment

About 20 years ago we were on the Dusy when we came up on a group with a broken early Bronco. Guy was livid and said he would ell it to the first guy with $150, well we put it together and took the keys and a bill of sale. towed it down the trail a bit till my buddy decided to look under the hood. Seems that the wire to the positive side of the coil was heat welded to a header, a few seconds with a bit of wire and electrical tape and it fired off. The other group caught up with us as we were tuning a bit and the owner was really really pissed so we sold it back to him for $150 and a 12 pack.
      they finished the trail with us and we still get a Xmas card from them. But the card is always the same, 2 of us bent over the hood of an early Bronco proving we could be plumbers. Back in the day, OPs, sandals, tank tops with tats showing and a beer in one hand and a cig in another. What were we thinking.
      censored for having an opinion

Comment

Originally posted by blackZZR View Post
        About 20 years ago we were on the Dusy when we came up on a group with a broken early Bronco. Guy was livid and said he would ell it to the first guy with $150, well we put it together and took the keys and a bill of sale. towed it down the trail a bit till my buddy decided to look under the hood. Seems that the wire to the positive side of the coil was heat welded to a header, a few seconds with a bit of wire and electrical tape and it fired off. The other group caught up with us as we were tuning a bit and the owner was really really pissed so we sold it back to him for $150 and a 12 pack.
        they finished the trail with us and we still get a Xmas card from them. But the card is always the same, 2 of us bent over the hood of an early Bronco proving we could be plumbers. Back in the day, OPs, sandals, tank tops with tats showing and a beer in one hand and a cig in another. What were we thinking.
        That's an even better story! The OP's and tank tops are even more awesome.

Comment

Working...
        X