Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bummer. I won't know monday's schedule until after we play our saturday and sunday games. I'll let you know if I'm available to help then.
    "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

Good deal, I'll get done what I can I am pretty used to my saturday schedule goofing things up. I was hoping to take it to a friends house rather than do it in the street but.. mans gotta do what a mans gotta do!! I need this up as I'm picking up my 33's on tuesday

Ok 30 minutes I crack the transfer case.. Instructions in hand wish me luck..Or call me and offer some advice 714-595-7981
      Last edited by ocTJ; 05-29-10, 02:56 PM.
      Sarcasm is my body's natural response to stupid.

Comment

Jeep is torn apart but I didn't get to the transfer case today...I obeyed MOST of the instructions minus the GEAR puller bit...though...I saw a video those gears come right out..well the balancer on the back does not.

Comment

You can do the SYE in the vehicle, good how to writeup see link.

http://www.4x4xplor.com/SYE-CV.html

http://www.4x4xplor.com/mods.html
          Last edited by guardian7; 05-30-10, 08:52 PM.
          [COLOR="Teal"]2006 TJ, 4"Full Traction Ultimate, SYE, CV, 35" MTR's on Champion Beadlocks, WARN 9.5Ti [/COLOR]

Comment

yeah I'm going through that exact instructions. But I cannot get the front yoke off.. 2 days of work LOL it's completely open but I can't get the front yoke off to get the chain off to pull the assembly out....if it takes this long to put back together I'm in BAD Shape... Spent a lot of time that I could have saved granted by not assuming I had all the tools...even the snap ring pliers I had to upgrade so I could get a set that would work...Tomorrows my dead day I have to have it back together by tomorrow.

update it's all apart now and I have the gears on the new AA shaft....My worries are a little lessened now as I can see some light at the end of the tunnel...as long as that light isn't a train were in the $$.... If I can get this done by 4 I might still make a shot at getting my springs under the jeep.
            Last edited by ocTJ; 05-31-10, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Yep... Ok so awesome people come by as I'm installing the slip yoke eliminator..(day 3) we get everything buttoned up.. I'm stoked....It's finally DONE...got the skid plate locked up tight and it's ready for a test drive

Minus that long drive shaft in my driveway

lol talk about having some screws left over? Yeah

Forgot to install the front drive shaft

4xFiend thanks a ton for your help..an hours time saved me a lot of frustration lol trust me on that one.

Comment

I had a good time and was glad I could make it over to help- if only for a little while. Now you just need to get it lifted up to make it a little easier to crawl underneath.

Did you get the rear uppers installed?

Let me know if you ever need any other help. I'd be glad to come over (especially if it's for that tummy tuck you may be getting.)
                "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

No, after you left I realized i Didn't install the front drive shaft so I spent the next hour trying to get it installed without dropping the whole skid plate again lol. After that I was just plain beat. The tires were dropped off last night so I'll either have to pay a shop to install the lift or spend another weekend buried in their getting the control arms and springs in.

Comment

Damn front driveshaft! We were in such a hurry to get the skid on before I left that we forgot it. I've taken mine off and put it back on without dropping the skid and I know how much the access sucks.

If I'm available I'd love to help you with the lift. Would suck if you had to pay to get it installed when it's not that hard of a thing to do.

Comment

I"m going to put some effort into it this saturday if I can get some help I wouldn't even mind throwing some money in or something for a hand.. Those rear control arms won't be easy and there's some tools (air tools) that would cut HOURS off the install

Comment

that be before

ok

Last edited by ocTJ; 06-10-10, 08:25 PM.

Comment

That's it I tried resizing it on photobuckets site I don't get it...

Comment

Hey man that looks good. Specs?
                            -Justin

Comment

Yee Haw! I see you still need to do the body lift. Glad you were able to get the suspension all finished up after I left.

Comment

Working...
                              X