Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a Chicken

So I have just a ton of parts to throw at the jeep.. Body lift, SYE, TW Shaft adjustable front track bar rear drop bracket new coil springs and gas tank skid... And I just couldn't bring myself to crack it open this weekend. Mechanically I am fairly good but this is a bit of a new world.

First thing I suppose is first. How difficult is a SYE eliminator too install and what are the odds of boning it up?
    Sarcasm is my body's natural response to stupid.

Maybe try the body lift & gas skid to boost the confidence & give you time do research for the sye.
    Build it right the first time.

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]The only thing that is technical is the SYE. Call a trans or 4X shop for a price to install it. The rest you really can't mess up to bad.[/COLOR]

Comment

If you're mechanically inclined, the SYE isn't too hard. Just take your time, and follow directions.

I did mine myself without pulling the xfer case (just getting under the Jeep) using these directions.
        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Thanks!! I priced out an install and they want 335$ to install a SYE

I almost laughed when he told me that over the phone that's as much as I paid, well almost I got a screamin deal, Mater awesome on those directions thanks!!

Comment

I did mine myself using the write-up that Mat posted. It was the first time I'd done anything that major on a vehicle and it went pretty smoothly. It sounds more difficult than it actually is.

When are you planning on doing it? I may be able to offer some help depending on what day.
            "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

I was thinking of doing the SYE and the lift this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by ocTJ View Post
                I was thinking of doing the SYE and the lift this weekend.
                OK. Both my kids are playing in baseball tourneys this weekend. One doesn't play on saturday, but the other one does. We'll find out times tomorrow night. If I can find some time in there I'd be glad to help. If nothing else, I can be an extra set of hands for a little while if you'd like.
                "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

Can't tell you how much I would appreciate it! Pizza Beer whatever you like let me know in advance and I'll have some ready for you.. I have a TON of stuff I'm trying to get done this weekend.

Comment

Damn Matt! That is a good writeup! I did mine using the tera instructions which was an exploded diagram, and some text essentially saying: take it apart and put it back together substituting new main shaft and speedo drive gear.

One suggestion: Get an old towel and take the main apart on that, keeps it cleaner, and you can lay everything out very logically.
                    An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

that makes sense.. Yeah Advanced Adapters should pay him well for that write up and use in in their own instructions

Comment

also you will need a set of snap-ring pliers, and lock ring pliers. They had both at my local Sears
                        An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

Yeah I found the snap rings pliers saturday I'm going to go invest in a torque wrench... that won't be cheap. Anyone free on Sunday? Saturday? Monday? Yeah I know it's the party weekend which is why i'm keeping it low key

Comment

I found out the kids' schedules, and I'll be free on saturday morning until about noon. Let me know what time you want to start and where to be and I'll be there. I have a torque wrench and can bring some other tools, too.

Comment

lol Saturday I work until Noon sunday I'm off all day. That would be great if you could. Other than a gear puller I have everything else I need.

Comment

Working...
                              X