Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
    I doubt anyone here would think you can install an entire OBA for $35 Mat. Besides, the post above mine I was responding to ended up talking about just the compressor itself, that is how I responded... about the compressor itself.
    I hope nobody is stupid enough to think you can install the entire OBA for $35, but when people talk about the york itself costing next to nothing from the junk yard, it always seems like they're implying it's the cheapest system. It may still be cheaper if you have tons of fittings and pieces in your garage you can use, but some of those kits are well priced.

Also, I missed that the poster just before you was mentioning only the compressor, and for $300? wow!
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Now go ahead and tell me about the duty cycle and the CFM rating and I will agree with you. But My MV50 is damned reliable and gets the job done in about 10 minutes instead of 5. It has worked so well for me that I decided it has earned a place in the Jeep permanently. So this is what I came up with. Originally I thought I would mount it under the Jeep but I think it may get mounted on there rear fender well or under the hood. Its nice to run a 12v just for that reason. I am going to use my rock rails as air tanks to help out a bit but this should do for now. It has been doing the job for a year and a half now. Its in a ammo can withe a 12v computer fan for cooling. I used the Viair pressure switch that I found new on Amazon for $24. It threads right in where the gauge was on my MV50 that I also found on Amazon for $45. With fittings and my over priced fan from Best Buy I am still in it for less than $100.

Those left standing
      Will make millions
      Writing books on ways
      It should have been
      -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Scott your MV 50 is a good little compressor however running it with a pressure switch is not such a good idea it only is rated to put out 90 PSI max not the 100-120 psi that most of the pressure switches open up at.
        Unless you get an adjustable pressure switch you will kill your compressor. It is the main reason I switched over to a viaair to fill my tires and run my ARB lockers

Comment

Hmm thats exatly what my pressure switch is. 90-120. I guess I should look for a pressure switch that tops out at 90.
          Those left standing
          Will make millions
          Writing books on ways
          It should have been
          -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
            Hmm thats exatly what my pressure switch is. 90-120. I guess I should look for a pressure switch that tops out at 90.
            Try Ganger. They have a good selection of adjustable pressure switches.
            It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Adjust it at 80 psi, that should help durability

Comment

Working...
              X