Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes!

Hey getting ready for a brake overhaul and would love any tips advice and opinions on a good set-up!

I have a 04 rubicon 4.88 gears on 35's.

Are the pricier rotors and pads worth it? Lots of conflicting opinions but would love to hear what people have been running with and what they like and don't like?

Have been runnin stock rotors and pads and have no great complaints altho i think i have become used to a somewhat wimpy brake set up. I remember noticing a serious defficiency when i thru the 35's on but have become used to it.

Have a good price on the powerslot rotors and Hawk pads...

Thanx

I personally like Napa pads. I have had these. Not all pads are the same in stopping power.
    http://www.napaonline.com/Search/Det...+50038+2038049

Comment

I wouldn't run anything but ebc yellow pads. I can lock up my tires(35's) with them.
      IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
        I wouldn't run anything but ebc yellow pads. I can lock up my tires(35's) with them.
        Me too!.... Yellow ebc front with green ebc pads in rear.
        Jeep

Comment

I read the yellow are high in dust, also saw that on their site as well. I also ready people complaining about the yellow saying they are noisy. Green better? I notice the green say they are for towing. Anyone tow with them? I am going to need some for the suburban soon and have always trusted the Napa pads as they are for towing. I put them on my Avalanche and towed without issue. But, if there is a better stopping pad and has no dust like the Napa ones, I want to hear about these too.

Napa pads vs Auto Zone pads
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShdvQ_e7VoQ

Comment

x3 on some yellow stuff pads.

x one million on VanCo bIg brake set up. I would like to see a stock brake set up lock up 35s on the street... If you want some solid brake info, you should get in contact with MrBlaine on here. he will explain everything you NEED to know.

Sure the VanCo brakes are expensive, but it was well worth it IMO.

Good luck
            [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Jeep4cern View Post

Napa pads vs Auto Zone pads
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShdvQ_e7VoQ
              dang, that guy needs some yellowstuff pads... then he wouldn't have hit that car
              [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

gonna go EBC yellowstuff in front and green in back with Centric premium rotors!!

Comment

I use EBC Greenstuff series 7000 on my front and they are quiet and dust free. I haven't had to change my rear pads yet, but I intend to go with Greenstuff when the time comes.
                  If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
                  KI6MLU

Comment

I have had yellow pads for about a year, no dust and noise. People who have problems with them don't break them in right.
                    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Originally posted by JeepinLA Eh View Post
                      gonna go EBC yellowstuff in front and green in back with Centric premium rotors!!
                      As a previous poster suggested, PM Mr Blaine and discuss with him your plans. Sounds like you are willing to spend a few dollars and the conversation will help.
                      Rich

Comment

Pep Boys said $111 for the green 7000 which are tow and the upgrade is $140 for race. Is it worth the extra as Napa severe duty for towing are $89? Anyone use both before to compare? Both are organic?

Comment

If they made the Yellow Pads for my 88YJ that is what I would run. Problem with dust? I have that problem every weekend on the trails! Too funny. Good luck, mine doesn't stop for Shit. Kinda scary at times.

Mitch

Comment

Brake dust and dirt are different. Ill take dirt over brake dust. Brake dust makes your wheels looks ugly.. And it's a sign of the pads wearing. Among other things.

I thought I read you fixed your brakes. Bigger master cylinder or something?

Comment

If you really want the Jeep to stop go vanco brake booster and calipers and never look back. Got one of those boosters to work on a CJ and it's nice to lock 35's up at will

Comment

Working...
                              X