Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FLUIDS: what do you use?....

So what fluids does everyone run in their rigs? Where do you get it from? How much does it cost? What do you recommend?

I currently run Mobil 1 synthetic 10W30 in my engine, but i'm about to change to Amsoil as i just discovered a guy at my work can get me it at a discounted rate. I've never seen Amsoil for sale at a store in my area and anyone i know who runs it gets it online.

I'm in the process of hunting down Redline MT-90 for my transmission because it's due for a change. Currently can't find a store in my area who sells it though. :confused: I was told that Pep Boys doesn't stock it, but can order it for you if you request it. I haven't looked into this yet though.
    [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]1992 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

4.5" RE XD Suspension Lift
    AA SYE/ Tom Woods Custom Driveshaft
    15X8 Black Rock Crawler Rims
    33X12.50 Goodyear MTR's
    FlowMaster 40 Series Delta Cat-Back Exhaust
    Cobra 29 Classic C-B Radio Tweaked & Peaked w/ 4' K40 Antenna
    RE Hand Throttle
    Optima Red Top
    K&N Filter [/color]

High performance shops sometimes carry it. Or you can order it HERE
    I'm runnig Castrol Syntec 10-40w
    Last edited by paulhead; 03-30-04, 08:32 PM.
    “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
    -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

I used to use mobil one in the engine, but since I swapped in one with 50k, I figured it probably wasnt worth it this time around. Its got regular mobil 10-40 in there now. In the diffs I use sta-lube in the big jug with the pump, 90 weight, I think. In the tranny is Valvoline(because thats the only company I found that had ATF +3 on the shelf) ATF +3, and valvoline Dextron 3 in the t-case (just for consistancy)
      [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
      SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
      Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Run factory Mopar ... bottle of Lucas with every oil change.

Comment

Working...
        X