Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accurate spedometer?

Ok I just bought an 88 Jeep Wrangler, V6, 33 x 12.5 tires and some lift kit on it. And the speedometer is off. Im thinkgin because of the tires because its kindof right ( the speedometer, i mean) Does any one know how to fix this?

not sure if it's the same as a TJ, but you might be able to use some of the links in this thread.
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Assuming you have the stock 3.07 gears you will need a 25 tooth speedo gear to get your speedometer accurate again on the 33's.

It runs around $10-$20 depending on where you get it.
      [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]1992 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

4.5" RE XD Suspension Lift
      AA SYE/ Tom Woods Custom Driveshaft
      15X8 Black Rock Crawler Rims
      33X12.50 Goodyear MTR's
      FlowMaster 40 Series Delta Cat-Back Exhaust
      Cobra 29 Classic C-B Radio Tweaked & Peaked w/ 4' K40 Antenna
      RE Hand Throttle
      Optima Red Top
      K&N Filter [/color]

Comment

would my local jeep dealer be able to get it and install it, you think? If not where the heck would i get a speedo gear?

Comment

would my local jeep dealer be able to get it and install it, you think? If not where the heck would i get a speedo gear?
          Again see the other thread in the second post here ...

You can get it at the dealership and I believe it's a fairly simple install, you can probably do it yourself to save some dough.
          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

With 33's and 3.07's you will probably be considering getting gears... Remember the speedo drives off of the transfer case, so if you re-gear your diffs later, you'll probably have to change it back again, so save the speedo drive gear that you remove... Mine is off about 10mph on the freeway at 65 when I checked it with my GPS...

Comment

VERY EASY install! remove the retaning bolt...take out the sender and gear, pull the old one off, push the new one one. Really. That easy. Make sure you line up the tooth numbers with the arrow on the housing.

Tam
              Last edited by JeepGal; 03-22-04, 01:17 PM.
              2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
              Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Working...
              X