Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggest tires that will fit?

I am sure this has been beat to death somewhere but I couldn't find it....

Anyone happen to know the biggest tires that will fit on a stock TJ? I am going to get a lift eventually but am planning on getting new tires and rims first.

Thanks,
    H8PVMT
    [color=grey]Ryan[/color]
    [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]No Jeep To speak of. But I got a Hummer H3[/COLOR]

31's
    if you want to get a lift i would recommend getting appropriate tires for the lift, though.
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Thanks for the reply Sarah. Hmmm... I was keeping my fingers crossed it would be bigger than that. I guess I will have to hold off and do the lift first and run the tires I have now till they are bald. It's just too tempting to put it all on my visa.
      [color=grey]Ryan[/color]

Comment

you can fit bigger, but you'll need to trim. A 1-3/4 inch spacer and a 1 inch body lift *should get you enough room to fit 33's, 32's for sure.

[COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Yeah, I am leaning towards doing my lift first. Would make life easier in the long run, and I won't have to worry about what size will not rub.
          [color=grey]Ryan[/color]

Comment

Well... decided that on monday I am going to order a 4" lift. Then I am going to drive to lancaster to get my tires and wheels. Thanks to Sarah I now know a good place to get those. Is it monday yet?
            [color=grey]Ryan[/color]

Comment

Originally posted by H8PVMT
              Is it monday yet?
              Soon enough!! NP. Keep rockin and we'll see you on the trails soon!

Comment

Here are some tires for ya...

(Minor mods required)

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

Originally posted by TeraCrush
                  Here are some tires for ya...
                  HAHAHAHAHAHA
                  Tera,
                  I don't think that's big enough!! LOL J/K!!

"Awwww, he wants to go offroad!!"
                  - Ace Ventura, Pet Detective 2

Comment

Originally posted by H8PVMT
                    Well... decided that on monday I am going to order a 4" lift.
                    With a 4" lift you will more then likely need a SYE/rear CV Driveshaft to fix driveline angle issues the lift will cause especially if you plan to go offroad. Keep that in mind because it will cost another $500+ to do it the right way.
                    [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]1992 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

4.5" RE XD Suspension Lift
                    AA SYE/ Tom Woods Custom Driveshaft
                    15X8 Black Rock Crawler Rims
                    33X12.50 Goodyear MTR's
                    FlowMaster 40 Series Delta Cat-Back Exhaust
                    Cobra 29 Classic C-B Radio Tweaked & Peaked w/ 4' K40 Antenna
                    RE Hand Throttle
                    Optima Red Top
                    K&N Filter [/color]

Comment

Teracrush... those I likes... a little out of my budget... okay alot out of my budget. Also if I go doin' something like that nobody will want to play with me.
                      [color=grey]Ryan[/color]

Comment

PondScum, Yeah I had thought about that one too. I am gonna have to go easy till I get those two additions. When do I get to play!!!:mad:
                        [color=grey]Ryan[/color]

Comment

H8, what lift did you go with? I did a superlift 4" with the trans drop until I resently went SYE. I had no probs or vibes. So I can definitely recommend the superlift product and it is easily upgraded with control arms.

Regardless, congrats on moving up.
                          35" MTRs, Ox Lockers, bellyup, cage, stuff + things... blah, blah, blah . <><

Comment

I went with the 4" Superlift. Thanks for letting me know I will be good to go till I can afford my SYE. I have been stressing over that one. It's nice that after two years my jeep can finally grow up.
                            [color=grey]Ryan[/color]

Comment

I did a half decent write-up on an AA sye install.....for future reference. Write up
                              “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
                              -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Working...
                              X