Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the heads up, I will keep that in mind.
    [color=grey]Ryan[/color]
    [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]No Jeep To speak of. But I got a Hummer H3[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by H8PVMT
      I went with the 4" Superlift. Thanks for letting me know I will be good to go till I can afford my SYE. I have been stressing over that one. It's nice that after two years my jeep can finally grow up.
      Before you put the lift kit on check and see what degree wedges it comes with (if any). My RE kit only came with 2.5 degree wedges and those weren't even close to giving me an acceptable driveline angle.

Degree wedges can be purchased seperately and they aren't that expensive. With a 4" lift you will more then likely need 6 degree or 8 degree wedges in combonation with a 1" TC drop. The degree of wedge you will need is something you should measure out.

This is by no means a fix to get you on the trails as your Slip Yoke will still be sticking out too far to safely offroad, but it will help with driveline vibrations/broken u-joints until you can afford a SYE/new driveshaft.
      [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]1992 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

4.5" RE XD Suspension Lift
      AA SYE/ Tom Woods Custom Driveshaft
      15X8 Black Rock Crawler Rims
      33X12.50 Goodyear MTR's
      FlowMaster 40 Series Delta Cat-Back Exhaust
      Cobra 29 Classic C-B Radio Tweaked & Peaked w/ 4' K40 Antenna
      RE Hand Throttle
      Optima Red Top
      K&N Filter [/color]

Comment

I'm thinking that when it comes down to it I will just have to get the SYE and new drive shaft. Nobody wants a jeep that can't go offroad. Thanks for the tip though.
        [color=grey]Ryan[/color]
        [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]No Jeep To speak of. But I got a Hummer H3[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by PondScum
          Before you put the lift kit on check and see what degree wedges it comes with (if any). My RE kit only came with 2.5 degree wedges and those weren't even close to giving me an acceptable driveline angle.

Degree wedges can be purchased seperately and they aren't that expensive. With a 4" lift you will more then likely need 6 degree or 8 degree wedges in combonation with a 1" TC drop. The degree of wedge you will need is something you should measure out.
          Exactly my experience. Went to 6* shims and still had a vibe between 30 and 40 mph. Put the t-case drop back in and it went away. But whats the point of a lift and t-case drop when it comes to ground clearance? :confused: So I got 8* shims (another $30), took out the t-case drop, got my ground clearance back.
          “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
          -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

looks to me like he's lifting a TJ so shims are not needed. adjustable control arms are though.
            myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
              looks to me like he's lifting a TJ so shims are not needed. adjustable control arms are though.
              “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
              -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

my jeep is stock and i have 31x14.50 on it and they are awesome off road. with how wide they are they give a larger suface area w/o having to air down. i belive its the biggest tire that is able to fit on a stock TJ w/o rubbing. however at full flex the tires will cram into the plastic fenders but its nothin to worry about mine just bend back.

Comment

Working...
                X