Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine are independent of the head lights yet I can control them with the dimmer switch, to me the best of both worlds

Comment

Ron,

Good choice. Don't forget that on a run you'll blind the guy in front of you! I wired mine on the factory fog light switch, so they are switchable when the head lights are on.

Bullfrog on Sunday? It's a good starter place.

Mitch

Comment

I wonder if the Cepek wiring diagram is the way it is to make them "street legal". I know that for fog lights they cannot be wired in a way that they can be turned on when the high beams are on. I have mine wired independently on a switch. They don't do anything cool like dim. Actually it had never crossed my mind, but it might be kind of useful.
        Those left standing
        Will make millions
        Writing books on ways
        It should have been
        -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
          Ron,

Good choice. Don't forget that on a run you'll blind the guy in front of you! I wired mine on the factory fog light switch, so they are switchable when the head lights are on.

Bullfrog on Sunday? It's a good starter place.

Mitch
          Thanks Mitch. Sounds fine, but we will have to see how this cold plays out. I am sicker than a dog! 103* fever and the whole nine yards.

What is the "rule of thumb" on that? When someone is in front of you, keep your lights off? I have went on runs and the guy behind me had his floods on. I just thought its part of a night run. But, I want to know what is the right thing to do?

I went on the run to jawbone (short run) and the person in front of me asked to turn my hi brights off, but at my age I can't see well at night..haha I did though.

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
            I wonder if the Cepek wiring diagram is the way it is to make them "street legal". I know that for fog lights they cannot be wired in a way that they can be turned on when the high beams are on. I have mine wired independently on a switch. They don't do anything cool like dim. Actually it had never crossed my mind, but it might be kind of useful.
            Sorry, I should clarify, that diagram was found online and didn't come with the kit.

Correct. Both my Chevy's were that way. Once high's went on, fogs went off.

The dimmer thing could be cool! I am getting some good ideas.

Comment

Nice lights, Ron. Hope you get better soon. I've got a bunch of lights I need to put on my rig too. I like the dimmer idea.
              holes = cowbell

Comment

Thanks David!

Ya, its kicking my butt. Really bad this year.

I also ordered the front Bilstein shocks. They are on the way "5100's".

Comment

Nice, I'm sure you'll like Bilsteins too, especially if you're still wheeling on them 3 or 4 years from now.
                  holes = cowbell

Comment

Come on Ron, I know that we have teased about you being the "new" guy, but everyone knows that Jeeping cures all. A bottle of Nyquil and some warm clothes and you are good to go. The Nyquil helps with the steep off-camber stuff, you'll hardly notice. LMAO!!!! Hope you feel better.

Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                      Come on Ron, I know that we have teased about you being the "new" guy, but everyone knows that Jeeping cures all. A bottle of Nyquil and some warm clothes and you are good to go. The Nyquil helps with the steep off-camber stuff, you'll hardly notice. LMAO!!!! Hope you feel better.

Mitch
                      haha!

Actually heading out to the urgent care to get some meds. I need to kick this!

Comment

Ron,

Grab some extra meds for me......just in case. You can't be too careful when you hang out with Jeepers!

Mitch

Comment

10-4!

Shoes on and I am out. Hey, side note, why is some of the web site not showing up? Buttons, etc, missing.

Comment

Working...
                          X