Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pickedup a axel for 25.00 and backing plate for 15.00 at the junkyard all off a95 yj. spent another 80.00 at auto parts for brake drum shoes oil seal and gear oil. should be up and running tomarrow.. it got to cold out to finish it this evening. so all i need now is the windshield a little fiber glass repair on the hardtop and the inspections. thanks for the info. Rich.
    But can we SURVIVE 2 more years?

Comment

I hate working on the jeep in the winter. More than being cold it's dark when I get home. You've really got a winner with that yj. I am sure it is worth at least $1000 even with a salvaged title. I have done a little fiberglass repair on an old VW camper I once had. I found the beat place for supplys and answers was the marine supply shops like West Marine. Don't get too carried away with the top repair though. Yj tops are $500 if you are not in a hurry. IMHO that is one of the many reasons out square headlight jeeps are better. We can use just about all the CJ parts that have been produced over the last fourty years.
      Those left standing
      Will make millions
      Writing books on ways
      It should have been
      -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

well i ended up paying my friend $500.00 for the jeep instead of $200.00 , but i got the rims and brand new 10x31 tires not 1000 miles on them. put the axel,backing plate,brake drum&new back brakes. a couple cans of black spray paint to detail with. took the pink slip to AAA and transfered title. No problem, $24.00 later the jeep is in my name. and no salvage title. I'm in it about $750.00 but i still need to replace the windshield (just cracked) The wife drove it to work today. Her early Xmas present.If i could figure out how to post pictures, I'd put it up it looks great for a 90yj.

Comment

How did you pull that off? $750 and a clean title. Im still impressed.
          Those left standing
          Will make millions
          Writing books on ways
          It should have been
          -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

she signed the pink over to me, insurance said it was up to her to notify dmv of the salvage. i guess insurance dosen't notify dmv. when i went to transfer title, i guess i forgot to mention it .oops. the only thing that was really wrong with it was the broken axel. we'll see what pink they send me.

Comment

I’m sorry to have to say this. If you try to sell this Jeep and you do not disclose that it is total loss you may be fined $500 and have to buy back the vehicle and pay for any work done to it after the sale. Even if the DMV is not aware. Insurance companies report total loss status to places like Carfax and Auto Check. Even if you think the buyer doesn't care or that he is getting such a good price he shouldn't care. If the person he sells it to cares it will all come back down on your head. I am not trying to imply that you are buying this to cheat someone but you should know this. You got a great deal on a Jeep. One of my favorite things about Jeeps is no matter how bad they are damaged they still have value to Jeep people(unless they are burned). What a great excuse to upgrade those axles.
              Those left standing
              Will make millions
              Writing books on ways
              It should have been
              -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

don't plan to sell or screw anybody, it's the wifes, and if it does take a s**t on me i still have the 4:1o's to slide in my 87. was not my plan to sell ,but have extra parts for the 87 but it is so clean i couldn't part it out. i'll play it by ear. meanwhile the wife has a great looking street legal 90yj. as last winter we had 3' of snow on property and she has snowed in for 3 days. not my entention to screw anyone. for what i got in it if it dies i'll part it out. thaanx for the headsup. Rich.

Comment

I'm sure nobody thinks that jeeps should ever really be sold anyways, they were made to be driven, broken, repaired and driven even more. I'm sure the snow is because of the global warming due to all these Jeeps on the roads. Good to hear you got such a good deal, but you are going to insure the jeep no doubt- and you may be paying more to insure that jeep with a clean title than a salvaged one. :2: I dunno, I mean it's nice to have the 'clean' title, but I was thinking if your never gonna sell anyways-it shouldn't matter. If you ever get in an accident I'm sure the insurance company will reveal (in the settlement) that they have always known about the salvage, they just let you pay higher premiums to make you feel better about the jeep. :dunno:
                  :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

received title on the wardens 90 yj today. no salvage title.

Comment

Working...
                    X