Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just checked it, 45 PSI at idle. drops to 42 at wide open throttle. is this good??

Comment

That should be in the ballpark, especially it it stays there while driving under full load.
      Does the engine run on 4 cylinders?
      To check the ignition, start of in first gear barely get it rolling then stick it in third gear and floor it, if that causes a bad backfire or you can hear it drop a cylinder you have a bad wire of some sort of secondary ignition problem.
      If the popping and spitting varies with rpm but is not related to engine load, in other words the more you rev it the more it pops and spits in the intake, then its time to look under the valve cover. Your most likely problem would be either a bend pushrod or it went through a rocker arm, this would be on a exhaust valve.
      You can try short cutting it a bit with a vacuum gauge

Comment

it only back fires real bad i put a load on the engine, like taking off in first gear or like you said dropping it to third. its so bad that i cant take off in 2WD. i have to put it in 4 low so its not much load on the engine.

any ideas of checking the ignition for problems??

Comment

Seems to me you really need to look very hard at the wires, plugs dist cap, rotor and coil it has a problem with the high voltage part of the ignition.
          Could be as simple as a pin hole in the sparkplug boot of the sparkplugwire. I could as you to hold the Keep up to the phone but that gets a little involved.

Comment

Working...
          X