Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's what I have for the front. Looking to do the rear in a few weeks. Once I'm done with the whole cage then I'm pulling it out and painting it. The floor was just tack welded for now. I still want to add some handles with like some 1" tubing

YJ Stock
    BROSANDSISEMBROIDERY.COM

Comment

Did you order the kit or do the bends on your own?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeep4cern View Post
        Did you order the kit or do the bends on your own?
        Got the kit from S&W Racecars, for $250 shipped, you can't beat that unless you know how to bend. I don't.

I got a quote from a local shop for a cage, and was quoted $1150 for a full cage to the floor installed, not painted. I'm about $450 into this for the front installed, probably another $200 to finish the rear. $650 for a full cage.
        YJ Stock
        BROSANDSISEMBROIDERY.COM

Comment

Originally posted by SoCal4X View Post
          Got the kit from S&W Racecars, for $250 shipped, you can't beat that unless you know how to bend. I don't.

I got a quote from a local shop for a cage, and was quoted $1150 for a full cage to the floor installed, not painted. I'm about $450 into this for the front installed, probably another $200 to finish the rear. $650 for a full cage.
          I agree 100%. The pipe looks good. Who welded it?

Why so much for the rear? What are you doing?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeep4cern View Post
            I agree 100%. The pipe looks good. Who welded it?

Why so much for the rear? What are you doing?
            I had Bo's buddy weld it. the limo stretcher guy.

I figure roughly 15 ft of .120 dom, $70-80 since you have to buy it in 20 ft. lengths. and another $100-120 for labor in welding and bending. I just need 1 piece bent. the one that will go across the back. I estimate around 200 more.

After its done I'm pulling it out and painting it. The front floor is just tack welded so I can grind them off to get the whole cage out.
            YJ Stock
            BROSANDSISEMBROIDERY.COM

Comment

I had Bo's buddy weld it. the limo stretcher guy.

I figure roughly 15 ft of .120 dom, $70-80 since you have to buy it in 20 ft. lengths. and another $100-120 for labor in welding and bending. I just need 1 piece bent. the one that will go across the back. I estimate around 200 more.

After its done I'm pulling it out and painting it. The front floor is just tack welded so I can grind them off to get the whole cage out.
              Are you doing the sides like mine too (in the rear)?

Comment

yes the same in the back. but I might add one more in the bottom straight across to add handles to the rear. not sure yet.
                YJ Stock
                BROSANDSISEMBROIDERY.COM

Comment

yes the same in the back. but I might add one more in the bottom straight across to add handles to the rear. not sure yet.
                  If you do, shoot some photos. Would be curious to see.

Comment

Working...
                  X