Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok thanks, sounds good guys; I appreciate the help.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
      Not for a TJ since the fuel filter was designed as a lifetime filter and you have to drop the fuel tank to even get to it...
      Lifetime, huh? Not sure I trust that... Well, my rig's got over 166K miles on it, and a couple of times recently I experienced some hesitation and cutting out which felt like that classic, your-fuel-filter's-dying hesitation. Maybe it was bad gas (not mine!) I've changed filters on other EFI/ high-pressure vehicles, so I figured the Jeep would be no different. Dropping the tank wouldn't slow me down...paying $300 for a new one sure would...
      holes = cowbell

Comment

Originally posted by inVERt'D View Post
        Lifetime, huh? Not sure I trust that... Well, my rig's got over 166K miles on it, and a couple of times recently I experienced some hesitation and cutting out which felt like that classic, your-fuel-filter's-dying hesitation.
        You don't have to trust anything but I've seen the filter and with 182,000 miles on my TJ, I'm still comfortable I'll never have to change that particular part. Its surface area is huge, it is truly a remarkable material (big too). Plus there is a "sock" screen over the end of the pickup tube at the bottom of the fuel pump.
        The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

I didn't mean that personally, so don't take it that way. It's just that in my experience "maintenance free" usually means more of a PITA to fix. Since I haven't seen the filter, your assessment is the best thing I have to go by. Tell you what new-fangled design I do appreciate: the distributorless, sparkplug wireless ignition. If it ain't there, it can't break.
          holes = cowbell

Comment

I don't know how the TJs are. But I know most all new Toyotas use a fuel filter that is the size of a 40. The thing is "intended" to last the life of the vehicle. The live of the vehicle being whatever Toyota's projected service life estimate is. Probably somehthing like 200,000 miles. The damn thing cost like $80 and it s PITA to replace. I have only ever sold one and it was not because the original was causing a problem. The guy had 120K on the clock and spent a lot of time miles away from help and decided he would rather pay for a new one than trust Toyota's projected service life estimate. Commendable...
            Those left standing
            Will make millions
            Writing books on ways
            It should have been
            -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

All I have to say is dont run bosch platinum plugs or autozone cap and rotors both have left me sittng on the side of the road waiting to be towed home.Thats in 2 differnt cars also.

Comment

yeah, the 4.0 needs the reg Champion plugs... it's the best I've found, but I was thinking about doing the DUI setup...
                :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

DUI setup? Is that some kinda sting operation? You didn't tell me you was a cop!
                  holes = cowbell

Comment

I prefer the term pig

but no, I am not... really... kinda, but no.
                    :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

So what is the DUI setup?

Those left standing
                      Will make millions
                      Writing books on ways
                      It should have been
                      -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Working...
                      X