Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lumpy Grits View Post
    Hi TJ Clay, the TJ's seem to do well for lack of driveline lube issues with F/towing. The CJ's sure don't.
    Half the time I forget my Jeep is behind me when I tow it(Chev. K-3500 "dually" w/11' Lance camper).
    Respectfully,
    LG
    The NP231 in a TJ has a dedicated oil pump attached to the output shaft. That's why you can run a TJ t-case in neutra w/o disconnecting the driveshaft. Dana 20's a 300's don't have that, which is why the output bearing burns up.
    '96 XJ, HP D30 front, XJ D44 rear, Lockright/E-Locker, 4.56's, Cobra CB, 33" Pro Comp xTreme MT's, SYE, Smittybilt XRC10 winch with Synth Rope, mutt lift.

Comment

Correct,, and that was one of the reasons AMC said to engage the front hubs, tranny in gear and T/case in N.
      NOT GOOD........
      Takes me less that 5 minutes to disconnect the D/S and "hang" it out of the way.
      Cheers,
      LG
      Hav'n you along, is like loose'n 2 good men....

Comment

HI FishPOET, why do you make 17K lbs. sound unsafe ??
        I have a 12K GVW rating as per GM door sticker. My tk. weights 5,360 lbs. w/o camper and 8,960 lbs. loaded w/camper(have weight slips from CHP scales to varify this claim). My Jeep's weight is 3660 lbs.(CHP scales)
        NOW, that truck, at it's max GVWR still has a 7K lbs tow rating(as per GM). and GM gives me a GCWR(gross combined weight rating)of 17K. So what's your point ?
        So YES, I'm legal and SAFE(as per D.O.T)in ALL 50 states.....
        BTW, having held a Ca. class "A" comm. drivers lic. for over 32 yrs. I'm well aware of vic./axle/brakes/tow weight issues etc.
        Now lets get back to Jeeping.
        Respectfully,
        LG
        Hav'n you along, is like loose'n 2 good men....

Comment

I keep meaning to buy a trailer, but every time I get enough money together to buy one - I buy more stuff for my Jeep!

Hi, my name is Tim & I'm a Jeepaholic.
          "A government big enough to give you everything you need is powerful enough to take everything you have"

- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Only problem I have with my trailer is everyone wants to borrow it!
            http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Comment

Working...
            X