Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I placed my order before asking if this fits both 16 & 19 gallon tanks. My 02 Sahara came with the 19 gallon tank.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Black & Tan TJ View Post
      I placed my order before asking if this fits both 16 & 19 gallon tanks. My 02 Sahara came with the 19 gallon tank.

Tom
      There were no 16 gal tanks in 02 and even if there were, they are dimensionally the same on the exterior.
      I am Savvy.

Comment

Originally posted by mrblaine View Post
        There were no 16 gal tanks in 02 and even if there were, they are dimensionally the same on the exterior.
        I had to ask but I do remember different gas tank sizes when I was ordering the Jeep in 02. That could have been for a 4cyl, it's been awhile.

Thanks for the quick response, Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Black & Tan TJ View Post
          I had to ask but I do remember different gas tank sizes when I was ordering the Jeep in 02. That could have been for a 4cyl, it's been awhile.

Thanks for the quick response, Tom
          All they do is extend the filler neck deeper into the tank so you can't fill it up as far. They are the same externally.
          I am Savvy.

Comment

[COLOR="Sienna"]Blaine, you may know I'm not at the "every ounce counts" stage in my rig yet. I have a lot of other things to worry about. I learn as I go along. Thanks for the notes, I'll tuck that away for future reference.[/COLOR]
            [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
            Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Blaine and Gerald any problem with posting the link to the info and website link on any other Jeep Forums?
              I like the skid just no money on the money tree for it just yet

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                Blaine and Gerald any problem with posting the link to the info and website link on any other Jeep Forums?
                I like the skid just no money on the money tree for it just yet
                Of course we don't mind.
                I am Savvy.

Comment

Other than your custom job for Erik, any plans to release this skid for the YJs? From a business stand point, products for the TJs and newer is where most of your demand would come from. But what about us YJ guys?

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
                    Other than your custom job for Erik, any plans to release this skid for the YJs? From a business stand point, products for the TJs and newer is where most of your demand would come from. But what about us YJ guys?
                    I have no problems at all making one for the YJ's. I suspect here in short order Gerald will add a section to the website that will give us the ability to track demand for specific products to see if we can run them through the development process.

I've seen about 4-7 requests as best I can tell for the YJ skid and of those, it's difficult to determine how many would actually purchase a skid.

To give you a rough idea of why that matters is it takes roughly 5 grand to get a skid through development and into production excluding the actual production run. I need to justify the costs and have some inkling that we will at least break even on a product before we develop it.
                    I am Savvy.

Comment

Blaine, what about one for an FToy? Of course just kidding. Good luck on your new venture.
                      Rich

Comment

Blaine, very great information on that extra weight. Thanks!

I'm sure my roll cage added a bit of extra weight from the stock "sport bar". After I'm done w/ axles, I'll look at the possibility of switching to this skid to shave off some pounds.
                        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Jeeperator View Post
                          Post a pic of of a jack under it with a rock or something in the cradle lifting the rear of the jeep off the ground completly.Lets see if it holds its shape. I really like the idea but not 100% convinced it will hold up with out some trail time on it. So their is an abuse warranty?that might change my mind.
                          Will a trailer ball do for you?

I am Savvy.

Comment

I like it a lot...

Very nice design--love that radius.
                            holes = cowbell

Comment

if this is the skid Russ is running, its great, we had him so stuck on the tank skid the rear was starting to lift, didnt flex or dent just a small scratch, then i got him stuck again and again, thing is tough, and it looks great.......if i wasnt goin fuel cell id be buggin for a cherokee one, LOL

Comment

Originally posted by xjkevin View Post
                                if this is the skid Russ is running, its great, we had him so stuck on the tank skid the rear was starting to lift, didnt flex or dent just a small scratch, then i got him stuck again and again, thing is tough, and it looks great.......if i wasnt goin fuel cell id be buggin for a cherokee one, LOL
                                It is indeed the skid that Russ is running.
                                I am Savvy.

Comment

Working...
                                X