Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XJ: Installing XJ Rock Rails

I just got done installing AJ's Super Rock rails on my 95 XJ. It went way easier than I thought it would. I ended up not following the directions so I thought I'd post what I did here. I held the rock rail up in place and clamped it. Then I just marked the 4 pinch seam holes. I dropped the rail and drilled the pinch seam holes. Then I put a couple of bolts into the rail holes and lifted it up sliding the bolts into the holes and slipped nuts on. After installing all four bolts with washers and all, I mostly tightened them up. Then I took a hammer and banged the plates up to align them tight to the floor pan. Then I used the holes in the plates as a guide as I drilled the holes. My air wrench made quick work of driving in the self tapping bolts....Done in under an hour and they look great!

Last edited by Dukes69; 04-01-09, 05:53 PM.
    Gregg Turk
    West Oak Hills
    greggturk.com
    95 Jeep Cherokee, 69 Jeep CJ5

wow! Those look great. Good job.
    MY JEEP ROCKS... DOES YOURS'?

Redneck small talk:
    D'jeet? No, d'ju? Yump-to? Aiaght.

Comment

looks good, definitly an important purchase...

Comment

Good work. AJ makes some nice products.
        |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Thanks guys. Next is a Rough Country 3 inch lift with new rear spring packs. The XJ does so well in stock form I am anxious to see how it performs after each update.
          I'm leaving next Sunday for Death Valley. We're doing 4 days exploring canyons and such. When I get back the lift should be here.
          Gregg Turk
          West Oak Hills
          greggturk.com

Comment

Nice job Gregg.Have a safe trip and take lots a pic's.This is on a long list of places I want to see.
            Dennis
            Dennis and Tammy
            Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

I will be taking a lot of photos and post them on MJR when I get back. Should be a nice trip. I've toured DV on my motorcycle for 10 years (bmwst.com)on the pavement but this will be my first off road tour there. We've got a fun trip planned with stops at a different motel location each night. We're going to talk about trying to put a Mohave Road run together before the weather turns too hot.
              Gregg Turk
              West Oak Hills
              greggturk.com

Comment

nice work!

Comment

Working...
                X