Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust manifold replacement

Well I just got off my lazy butt and changed out my exhaust mainifold that had been leaking for over 2 years. Had the new header in the garage for almost 2 years. Install wasn't as bad as I thought. All bolts came out without any difficulty. Getting to some of them was the hard part. The underside bolts can be gotten to from underneath. The upper bolts are a breeze. I did not have to remove the fuel rail but I did unhook all the upper wiring to make it easier. All told it took me a little over 2 hours and that is with a trip to the parts store for an exhaust donut. To make it simpler I did use air tools. I would not want to do this without air....Now just letting it cool so I can retorque the bolts.
    1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

What kind of header? Sound nice? Do you really get a power increase from that or is it all in our mind because "it sounds louder I must have more power"? Damn... you make the install sound so easy I want to try it... but I know if it took you 2 hours it would take me 2 days (or weeks with my luck).

Capt. Jim
    www.JeepRocks.com and www.Jeep4x4.US

2003 TJ, 3" SL w/Nitro Shocks, P.A. 1" BL, M.O.R.E. 1" MML, JKS Quicker Discos, JKS Track bar, Firestone Destination MT 33"x12.5" meats on Tech1 15x8 Rock Crawler Streetlocks, K&N F.I.P.K., PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer, Hi-Lift Jack, Hidden Hitches Hitch, Manik grill & brush guard,Pioneer/ JLAudio /MBQuart sound system and more coming...

"One Love, One Destiny. One Earth, One Chance! Symbiosis"

Comment

It was one I got from ebay for $130. Came with lifetime warranty. The only difference I notice is that it purs now. I had so many leaks that it probably shouldn't have ran.

Comment

glad to see you finally got that taken care of
        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
        ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

It only took me 2 years to do it. Once I started it only took 2 hours...

Comment

Thats something I really need to take care of on mine too.. Ive got a big leak.. and I have the manifold, its just a matter of replacing it LOL...
            Scott
            89 yj with crap and stuff.

Comment

Just be sure not to go with the Pacesetter brand. Not good at all.:mad:
              [color=grey]Ryan[/color]
              [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]No Jeep To speak of. But I got a Hummer H3[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Po; Riggity
                Thats something I really need to take care of on mine too.. Ive got a big leak.. and I have the manifold, its just a matter of replacing it LOL...
                Scott
                Yup, me too! I got a brand new Banks in the garage! One of these days I'll replace the 'broken completely in half' header I got now!
                97tj Sport Soft Top - Chili Pepper Red - 5spd - d30-35-unlocked-@3:07
                31"BFG-MT's - GMRS,CB - tow Hooks - Hi LIft - Trail Scars

Comment

I just did mine too, banks header and exhaust, piece of cake, had it done in half a day, "No air tools" lol...

Now its time for gears..

Comment

E manifold

Wow I have the same problem, my EM leaks, this sounds pretty common. I was wondering how difficult the replacement was going to be and you all answered my question, THANX, Eric, Arizona Explorations.
                    EE

Comment

And he paid twice the price.

Comment

Working...
                      X