Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
    That's a good point . . . so how do I check to make sure the yoke nut isn't loose? I'm starting to really know my way around the steering and suspension but haven't done much with the drivetrain outside of putting on a CV DS. Please try to keep it simple as it took me a minute to realize that you didn't mean that the lock nut was angry!!! :wink:
    Pull the drive shaft and tighten down the nut. Bolts are 8mm. Not sure what size the nut is, but check your FSM for the torque spec.
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Schmo,
      Do you by any chance have a front locker? It seems like everyone who has lockers especially in the front make noises. If you do, could it be engaged when you think it isn't?

Just a thought.
      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
      MJR moderator
      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69 View Post
        Not sure what size the nut is, but check your FSM for the torque spec.
        Did mine with one big arse socket and as tight as I could. If you care about torque specs, it is 180ft.lbs, or thereabouts.
        [COLOR="Blue"]If you don't have the time to do it right, what makes you think you'll have the time to do it twice?[/COLOR]

Comment

I had a very similar problem which turned out to be a loose lower control arm mounting bolt at the frame. Haven't you been swaping out your control arms lately? Maybe try tightening these up, mine weren't loose to the touch but did tighten down under the force of a wrench and problem solved. Good luck.

Comment

I think I found the problem after all this time, it was the first thing I thought it was and has messed around with . . . LAME! I've got the stock Rubicon rockers and added Body Armor rockers under them . . . the front corner of the Body Armor rocker was rattling against the stock rocker. Kicking myself for not taking the 5 minutes to remove the 3 bolts and check it months ago, but have a new love for my Jeep now that that DAMN RACKET is gone!
            That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Working...
            X