Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a sneaking suspicion that the electrical part of the switch got damaged when they busted the lock

Comment

yea must have. just dont really see anything that got messed up, like no visible damage. Ill go check right now and see if I can see anything. There are only a couple wires that are anyway near the switch. I need a gauge to check for current to those wires. Basically everything works except the starter. Even if this were busted, would I have to go to the dealer for that kind of thing?
      [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

so pulling the fuse to the fuel pump doesnt allow the jeep to start. Why am I getting fuel spewing from the rear. Not a whole lot, but enough to smell it.

I am stumped on this issue. I dont even know what to look for even if I were to test something for current.
        [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

had it towed to a shop. GREAT customer service. The pieces right behind the key cylinder are broken. The metal rod was broken in half (probably from when they tapped something into the ignition hole). Told me dealer would only sell entire steering column... for a whopping $500!!
          the mechanic laughed along with me. So He told me of a auto wrecking yard near by and said if I got the part he would install it. Called the place he was talking about and they want $100 for the part. wow... he said they can sell the steering column for $250 so thats why this part is $100. what a rip off

Comment

Well glad you got it finally figured out. For disconnecting and disabling wire into the asd relais above all since that pretty much disables everything for additional security do the same thing to the fuel pump relais. I would wire into the ground side of the relais, the part of the relais that is controlled by the ecm

Comment

horrible cell phone pic:

i dont think I would have ever found this out.

Comment

total bill for everything:
                $300!! :bonk::bonk::bonk:

Comment

Originally posted by miguelitojeep97 View Post
                  total bill for everything:
                  $300!! :bonk::bonk::bonk:

Doesn't seem like a lot when you compare it to the price of a new Jeep if they'd gotten away with yours. Yeah, $300 sucks, but you're still driving your baby. :thumbs_up
                  "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

Depending on how much you are willing to spend, you might want to check this out http://www.nohotwire.com/get_ravelco.html

Comment

Working...
                    X