Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys, I gave you the part numbers for the bushings that I use in my RE control arms(Napa Part number NCP 2673409 LCA and NCP 2671450 UCA)int Calico run thread . Try them, they're a Hell of a lot cheaper than changing the CA all the time. RE control arms are fine, there's nothing wrong with them. It's those POS bushings that you are using. Any CA that accepts a standard bushing will take these NAPA bushings no problem.
    Last edited by RAT; 11-13-08, 10:05 PM.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
      Guys, I gave you the part numbers for the bushings that I use in my RE control arms(Napa Part number NCP 2673409 LCA and NCP 2671450 UCA)int Calico run thread . Try them, they're a Hell of a lot cheaper than changing the CA all the time. RE control arms are fine, there's nothing wrong with them. It's those POS bushings that you are using. Any CA that accepts a standard bushing will take these NAPA bushings no problem.
      Sounds like you have the old version RE arms which use bushings like the stock arms came with . . . rubber incased in medal . . . the newer version RE arms have the hourglass shaped bushing and the sleeve is not a normal straight tube but rather each end tapers in towards the middle. . . it's a real shame as the stock style bushings actually seem to hold up.

Last edited by Schmo; 11-13-08, 10:58 PM.
      That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Yup people seem to have a fair amount of problems with the new improved style bushings nice flex but poor life. The should have just used J joints on both ends instead of trying to go the cheap route

Comment

yea I have that same newer style. Lame... do I just deal with it for now... I dont want to buy new control arms

haha its things like this that make me think...long arm kit? Clayton uppers? hmmm.... rob a bank?

*edit- these do look purty tho
          http://www.currieenterprises.com/CES...t.aspx?id=1165
          [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Yup real purty almost made of gold

Comment

Working...
            X