Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re - uca?

I replaced the bushing on my RE rear UCA yesterday and noticed that the sleeves had completely torn thru the bushing pushing the bolt about 1/2 inch back. I was wondering if I should turn the UCA around so the Joint is on the frame and the bushing is on the axle? Seems like even on flat ground the new bushing has some stress on it in the frame bracket and I figured the joint might eliminate that. Anybody else have this issue too or run the RE rear UCA with the Joint at the frame and the Bushing at the axle?
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Are these the new design or the old design with the stock rubber bushing?
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

I had the same problem with RE bushings on my lift. SO I replaced the rear UCA arms with currie arms and the rest of the bushings with SF joints. SO I have no bushings on my lift. Works great.
      IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

I have RE control arms top and bottom. No problems ever. As a matter of fact, I still have the original bushings on the frame end (rear) that I installed three years ago. The front bushings have been replaced once, but it flexes more than the rear. I take the JJ's apart periodically to clean and re-grease them, but other than that, nothing special. The JJ's are at the axle, rubber bushings at the frame in the rear, on the front the JJ's are at the frame.
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Schmo when you replace the bushings do not tighten the mounting bolts till the Jeep sits with all the wheels on the ground bounce the suspension a couple of times and then tighten the bolts.
          The bushings will live a lot longer this way

Comment

dood the amount of probs from all these bushings. could it be something we doing wrong or?

either way your replacing them with those currie arms..right?
            Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Dukes69 - I think these are the new bushings . .. they go in in the middle and have a sleeve that you push into each side . . . bought the arms about 6-7 months ago.

Curtis - Looks like I'm following in the same direction . . . will have Currie front uppers soon and figured I'd run it this way with the stock UCA bushing on the axle in the front and the RE Bushing at the frame on the rear UCA.

aw12345- we haven't been jacking the vehicle to install the arms so the full weight has been on it when I'm torquing . . . I'll try the bouncing next time. This time I tightened the UCAs with normal hand wrenchs and after driving a bit torqued them to tonight so hopefully that acomplished the same basic goal.

I think part of the problem was that joint was not positioned straight in the bracket so the articulation in one direction was limited. We'll see I guess! Luckily RE hooked me up with two new bushings for free so I'll keep an eye on them and at least I have one as a back up. But if these are anything like the old FT arms where the bushings wouldn't last more than a couple of runs, they will be replaced with the Currie double JJ's too . . . Really starting to loathe bushings . . . looks like the one on the rear trackbar is getting shaved by the bracket too!!! It's always something I guess...I keep telling myself . . . better bushings than something major.

Comment

What to say haven't had a lick of trouble with the currie stuff

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                  What to say haven't had a lick of trouble with the currie stuff

Same thing I hear from just about everyone that runs their arms . . . why I went with them for the LCAs . . . just wish I would have known what I do now when I first put in the lift and I would have just bought the set of all 8 arms from the get go and have been done with it.

Comment

Ia all honesty lift manufacturers try to save a buck and most of them do that on the control arms.
                    Quite a few people use their lift for mall cruisin
                    And then there are some nuts that wheel the snot out of their vehicles, However they are in the minority

Comment

Art is right the bushings are for road noise. I have more road noise since I took out the bushings. But I only drive my jeep on the street to get to the trail heads or I tow it. But the suspension works alot better ( ON BINDING )!
                      IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

wow I just noticed this issue with my heep. I JUST replaced all my frame side rubber bushings and the passenger rear upper is shot! I cant believe this thing would wear out that fast. Maybe something else is wrong. ill have to double check my control arm length. Maybe one side is shorter thus causing more stress. hopefully its something easy.

~and I just might be part of the minority that has RE products and wheel the snot out of it~
                        [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by miguelitojeep97 View Post
                          wow I just noticed this issue with my heep. I JUST replaced all my frame side rubber bushings and the passenger rear upper is shot! I cant believe this thing would wear out that fast. Maybe something else is wrong. ill have to double check my control arm length. Maybe one side is shorter thus causing more stress. hopefully its something easy.

~and I just might be part of the minority that has RE products and wheel the snot out of it~

Same exact one I had the problem with rear passenger UCA . . . mine pulled back towards like it was too short, but it's the same as the driver side which looks to be okay. Very weird :dunno:

Comment

I will have some arms for sale soon schmo.
                            Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Let me know about the Currie front UCA's . . . I think I'll just pull those REs, replace the bushing and sell them and get a set of Currie rear UCA's if I have the issue again. The JKS rears you have sure are nice but with the luck I've had with bushings, I think I'd be testing fate!!!

Road noise I can handle . . . easily cured by turning up the radio . . . replacing bushings every other trip out . . . not so much

Comment

Working...
                              X