Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• making my own FiPK air filter system

All rite, after looking at many after marked modes to change the air box out to a cone type breath easy air filter system, i have decided to make my own today.

should only cost me 40 bucks. WooHoo

i made mine on the 88 yj with irigation tubing, and on the 95... the cone filter attatches to the stock air tube.
    i like it. if you spend a lot of time on the dirt you ight want to invest in one of those "pre filter" socks :yay: so you dont have to clean it as often. i am trying a piece of panty hose on it as a pre filter. i'll let you know how that works out.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

I use a vacuum cleaner bag from a wet vac. Works perfect and they are cheap. In reality that's what they were designed for.

Also I don't look like a fag with pantyhose in my possesion, not that there is anything wrong with that.
      Sean M Higgins

"We all got it coming kid"

Comment

Originally posted by HIGLET
        I use a vacuum cleaner bag from a wet vac. Works perfect and they are cheap. In reality that's what they were designed for.

Also I don't look like a fag with pantyhose in my possesion, not that there is anything wrong with that.
        lol..you wouldnt know it was pantyhose unless i told ya i think the vacuum bag would be to restrictive, and make it like a paper filter again. IMO. the pre filters that K&N offers is a loosely woven nylon material.
        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
        ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

It is more restrictive - but for those times the dust is really kicking I feel better. I just think the K&N let's in too much fine particulate and that desert dust is just that fine particulate. Any time I came home from the desert there was always some dust inside the tube, with the bag none. Now that said I don't use it at home, only when I know I'm gonna be in a lot of dust.

BTW all this is just my stupid opinion. No real basis in anything but "Hey you know what I think..."
          Sean M Higgins

"We all got it coming kid"

Comment

True the prefilter , whatever the material, is imperative for fine dust environments.
            To make my FIPK i am using the stock air tube and attatching the filter via 2 inch pvc coupler, then using metal strap to keep it in place.

Comment

Working...
            X