Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stoked
    replied
    True the prefilter , whatever the material, is imperative for fine dust environments.
    To make my FIPK i am using the stock air tube and attatching the filter via 2 inch pvc coupler, then using metal strap to keep it in place.

Leave a comment:

• HIGLET
    replied
    It is more restrictive - but for those times the dust is really kicking I feel better. I just think the K&N let's in too much fine particulate and that desert dust is just that fine particulate. Any time I came home from the desert there was always some dust inside the tube, with the bag none. Now that said I don't use it at home, only when I know I'm gonna be in a lot of dust.

BTW all this is just my stupid opinion. No real basis in anything but "Hey you know what I think..."

Leave a comment:

• NAILER341
    replied
    Originally posted by HIGLET
    I use a vacuum cleaner bag from a wet vac. Works perfect and they are cheap. In reality that's what they were designed for.

Also I don't look like a fag with pantyhose in my possesion, not that there is anything wrong with that.
    lol..you wouldnt know it was pantyhose unless i told ya i think the vacuum bag would be to restrictive, and make it like a paper filter again. IMO. the pre filters that K&N offers is a loosely woven nylon material.

Leave a comment:

• HIGLET
    replied
    I use a vacuum cleaner bag from a wet vac. Works perfect and they are cheap. In reality that's what they were designed for.

Also I don't look like a fag with pantyhose in my possesion, not that there is anything wrong with that.

Leave a comment:

• NAILER341
    replied
    i made mine on the 88 yj with irigation tubing, and on the 95... the cone filter attatches to the stock air tube.
    i like it. if you spend a lot of time on the dirt you ight want to invest in one of those "pre filter" socks :yay: so you dont have to clean it as often. i am trying a piece of panty hose on it as a pre filter. i'll let you know how that works out.

Leave a comment:

• Stoked
    started a topic making my own FiPK air filter system

making my own FiPK air filter system

All rite, after looking at many after marked modes to change the air box out to a cone type breath easy air filter system, i have decided to make my own today.

should only cost me 40 bucks. WooHoo
Working...
X