Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went the Harbor Frieght route and got an assortment of tools that have saved my rear more than once on the trail! The tools are inexpensive and great for the trail! I got stuff that I knew would come in handy! What you carry is a personal preference but you never really know what will happen out there and if your wheeling buddys carry tools as well you should have what you need between all of you to fix anything that you come across. On a recent trip to Big Bear, a buddy was having trouble with his XJ overheating and after a quick trail diagnosis, we deduced that the thermostat was inop. We limped it over to the Big Bear Napa, got the parts we needed and went to work right there in the parking lot. The guys at Napa were really great to let us tear apart his XJ and fix it right there infront of the store! Big thanks to them! We got it fixed in no time and were back in business.

While out on the IDTT in Calico, I got to see some major trail fixes with the group I was with and I'll tell you that was awesome to see!

In a perfect world you could only hope for a mobile shop with all the trick tools right there out the trail......But, With a 150lb bag of tools, a jack handle and a rear swing out used as a vice, Mcgyver proved to me that anything is possible!!!
    "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Originally posted by dadasjp View Post
      Like most I carry a fair assortment of tools, but don't forget (if you're like me and not a mechanic) how handy a service manual for your yr model jeep can be; I always have mine somewhere in a tool bag. It's like a college text book in size, but it has just about everything in it that you might need to know.
      rgr that. I have a haynes manual for my jeep is an 03. i think that is the latest year they came too.
      Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Originally posted by Tomb Raider 940 View Post
        rgr that. I have a haynes manual for my jeep is an 03. i think that is the latest year they came too.
        Hey Josh . . . how much was it and where'd ya get it?
        That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by peteyg View Post
          This has been covered several times, but the best thread on this so far is here: http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...ighlight=tools
          Great list peteyg. Sad to hear about the Jeep Cat. Even so, how did you strap that in? I haven't had much luck with mine. :wink:
          [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
          Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
          [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
            Hey Josh . . . how much was it and where'd ya get it?
            i think it was like 15 DOLLERS and I got it at auto zone or pepboys
            Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Originally posted by Malachi View Post
              Great list peteyg. Sad to hear about the Jeep Cat. Even so, how did you strap that in? I haven't had much luck with mine. :wink:
              I swear, that cat would ride in the car on the dash and never make a noise. In the Jeep, he just kicked back in an open seat and rode along. He LOVED that Jeep. He got hit by a car in front of our house and we had to put him to sleep. Sad Day.
              '96 XJ, HP D30 front, XJ D44 rear, Lockright/E-Locker, 4.56's, Cobra CB, 33" Pro Comp xTreme MT's, SYE, Smittybilt XRC10 winch with Synth Rope, mutt lift.

Comment

Working...
              X