Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well I flat towed today for the first time and yeah, its a hairy feeling. I only went a few blocks to get the feel. My tow bar was a little off center when I got back but I think I know what was wrong.By the way, the tow bar that Currie sells for the YJ is junk. I thought with a marqee name like "Currie" it would have been better but oh well...

Comment

Wait until the first time you are heading out on a trip, get about 50 miles out or so, look in your rear view mirror and start cussing at the idiot tailgating you. Then you realize it's your Jeep. :bonk:
      Here's another tip I learned. When you run wires for the lights, leave enough slack to account for any turning you do. Found that out the hard way. Couldn't figure out why nobody was letting me change lanes. The wires got caught and ripped off the tail lights.
      So, another thing to check.

Comment

I've probably put more miles on my tires towing it to different spots then actually driving it. That was the original reason i bought my jeep was so that i would have something to drive once we got to camp with the motorhome. Super easy to tow, i've even pulled it up cajon pass behind my 4.0. tacoma no problem. I always double check i have the T.C. in neutral after a mile or so, especially leaving a rough dirt road on the way home.

Comment

Working...
        X