Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You have a rubicon and 6 grand

You want it to crawl rocks. Where do you put the money????

My answer is:
    4 full traction long arm
    mx6 shocks
    solid diff cover
    safari tube doors
    4.88 gears
    35 pro comps mt
    rear cv driveshaft
    winch and front bumper
    seat belt harnesses
    rear security trunk

I think is good choices. But there is no set ideas about what is good and not. 4 wheel parts would install lift and gears.
    Ford Raptor 6.2l

Originally posted by calduc View Post

I think is good choices. But there is no set ideas about what is good and not. 4 wheel parts would install lift and gears.
    Do not, repeat..DO NOT let 4 wheel parts install lift...
    I have heard way too many stories about what a 'half ass' job they do installing lifts...especially on Jeeps.. If I were you, I would find a shop dedicated to Jeeps or off roaders, as 4wheel parts is good at making your 'what ever you have' look good. The function is what is important, have people that are good with fabrication do it, as that is what it requires. Especially with the lifts that require the cutting of stock components and putting in totally new suspension geometry.
    Up to you, though, but I would ask GenRight to see if they would, and how much (even though last I heard from Robert, he didn't seem like he was a fan of theirs...) Or...even (cough, cough) JC Fab...These guys are expensive, but they have been doing Jeeps for a long time...

Just my :2:
    David aka Mr.[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Orange[/COLOR]
    I think it's my turn for a bailout....what do you think?

Comment

only shop--name brand. and 2 day turnaround. i might do it but would rather just drop off and pick it up.
      Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

I agree do not let 4 wheelparts work on your jeep!!!! friend had gears installed there the pinion nut came loose within first two weeks and destroyed his gears. i had them do work on my atlas transfercase, they used a ballpein hammer putting it back together DENTING the ALUMINUM case bad enough so that my adapter wouldn't fit. unless you are just buying something to install yourself, stay far away from that place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

was looking at your list might also consider an air compressor something with 100% duty cycle and 3/4hp similar to this one http://www.truckn-store.com/product_...page=1&ID=1999 anything smaller than that takes forever and if not 100% duty will possibly burn up. i went through two arb compressors before i bought that one. arb 12min per tire when i had 33's. this compressor about 7min for 37's from about 8psi to 30psi.

Comment

Originally posted by calduc View Post
            only shop--name brand. and 2 day turnaround. i might do it but would rather just drop off and pick it up.
            What do you mean by 'shop--name'?? I'd say talk to Robert. He's down the street from you, even you were saying that he works with you on the $$. Two days sounds right. At least to do it correctly. It is a pretty decent size job, and any shop that says they will have it in one day, in my mind, isn't taking the extra "make sure that's tight, or aligned, or sealed...." time with it.
            You get what I mean.
            Don't rush a long arm install. Way to much at stake.
            David aka Mr.[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Orange[/COLOR]
            I think it's my turn for a bailout....what do you think?

Comment

I have the Full traction 4"and it was installed by
              www.offroadevolution.com in Buena Park.I was happy with install.
              06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
              07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

Originally posted by randysjeep View Post
                was looking at your list might also consider an air compressor something with 100% duty cycle and 3/4hp similar to this one http://www.truckn-store.com/product_...page=1&ID=1999 anything smaller than that takes forever and if not 100% duty will possibly burn up. i went through two arb compressors before i bought that one. arb 12min per tire when i had 33's. this compressor about 7min for 37's from about 8psi to 30psi.
                solved my air problem with a co2 tank and lines picked up yesterday.
                Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Genright doesn't do installs.

I wish they did. is 2 minutes down the road.....
                  Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

I have a shop that does sales and installs and I specialize in Jeeps....... I am here to help if you need me. Of course all MJR people get special deals. Numerous MJR people have dealt with me and have had no problems.

Brett
                    offroadwerkz.com
                    (805) 642-8400 or 477-9977

Comment

You really should Pm maxwell. He has an 06 rubicon that he wheels the $hit out of. He doesn't have alot of money invested in his rig and he takes it anywhere the big guys go. ( within reason)Take it from me i have overspent on mine and have redone things twice. You should figure out what you really want to do with it.
                      moon buggy
                      5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

And JC fab does outstanding work. Jim is very good at what he does, that is probally why it takes extra time. I have never had a problem with the lift he installed for me and i have wheeled the snot out of it.Robert will back me up on this.
                        moon buggy

Comment

Originally posted by Jeep Virgin View Post
                          You really should Pm maxwell. He has an 06 rubicon that he wheels the $hit out of. He doesn't have alot of money invested in his rig and he takes it anywhere the big guys go. ( within reason)Take it from me i have overspent on mine and have redone things twice. You should figure out what you really want to do with it.
                          oh I know what I want to do with it. Is just finding a shop and getting everyone's opinion. I saw the full traction chassis down at redondo beach 4 wheel parts and decided I will get what I want this time. Reason that suspension is the arm mounts and it looks to be solid. Another reason for posting this thread is to make sure I am not forgetting anything. Thats why I like to hear from the vets of jeeping.
                          Last edited by womb raider 940; 01-20-08, 05:25 PM.
                          Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Originally posted by fun4wheelerguy View Post
                            I have a shop that does sales and installs and I specialize in Jeeps....... I am here to help if you need me. Of course all MJR people get special deals. Numerous MJR people have dealt with me and have had no problems.

Brett
                            pm sent. I would like to have everything in before calico clean up.
                            Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

I have a 6" Full Traction installed by JC fab it is a great set up when done right.I just have the never satisfied personality. If it seems to work then redo it !!!
                              moon buggy

Comment

Working...
                              X