Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice recovery...whew....

This post could've turned similar to one about 'back pressure'....ooo, speaking of back pressure...be right back...:tp:
    David aka Mr.[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Orange[/COLOR]
    I think it's my turn for a bailout....what do you think?

Comment

HotRodOil, I agree with you lets just do run,s, about the oil if one can,t decide close your eyes and start pourin!!! Geeb..
      "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Confused....

Now, here's a question....

According to the brochure for the 06 model...the rear of the Rubi, has a 'mechanical limited slip'....Meaning, no discs, right? Isn't that what the additive is for? But, then again, the manual tells you 'with limited slip...requires additive'
        I wonder what is the additive? It's a friction modifier, isn't it?

I will still get the one saying 'good for limited slip', but isn't this interesting?

I love the " Please enjoy this capability responsibly "
        David aka Mr.[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Orange[/COLOR]
        I think it's my turn for a bailout....what do you think?

Comment

As in "as soon as you take it off road your warrenty is void"
          :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post

As in "as soon as you take it off road your warrenty is void"

ha ha ha... now thats funny.
            "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
            (Charles Wells)

Comment

Alright guys . . . everybody cross their fingers!!! I just buttoned up my rear diff and am giving it time to cure before filling it up. I sure hope it works!!! I had to go back and remove and replace a couple of the bolts having forgotten the bracket that holds the hose for the lockers . . . but it had only been on there for a few minutes and didn't seem to really pull away, so I'm hoping that the seal kept. I put a pretty good layer of RTV on there so I'm hoping it works out but being the paranoid type, started worrying that I may have put on too much RTV!
              Last edited by Schmo; 01-20-08, 09:07 PM.
              That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

how's that harbor freight torque wrench working out for you?

03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

Well so far so good . . . I've got the oil in no drips yet! I thought I had a drip, but I'm hoping that it was just from the spill over when the diff had it's fill. Off to the dealership in the morning to have them fix my starter, seat belt, and give me that free oil change that I won after my last go around with them! Wish me luck!!!

Comment

good luck...just wondering why you don't change the oil yourself instead of bring it into the stealership...it's much easier than the diffs, and smells much better too.

sorry i couldn't help with the torque wrench, turns out i didn't use mine after all because i didn't get far enough today to install my winch, so i owe you for that.
                    03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

I plan on doing the oil changes myself as well. Just figured I might as well take the freebee seeing that I'll have to drop her off and leave her most the day for the warranty jobs. Seeing that this time I have a MOPAR oil filter, I'm planning on making a mark on it so I can check to make sure they actually replace the oil & filter, after my last experience with them.

Comment

Well I'm feeling pretty good about my diff flush as there were no drips and no oil along the bottom edge where I'd assume it would gather. I just dropped my Jeep off at the dealership to have them look at the starter and fix my seatbelt and everything felt/sounded good so I guess I must have done it right! No I sit in fear as the dealership has their way with my baby. I hate taking her to that place . . . the Service Writer didn't even know how to open my hood!!! To top it all off, the grinding noise was in full effect this morning when I started her up, but at the dealership it only made a slight rattling noise so I'm putting my odds of them actually looking into/fixing the problem under 50%.

Comment

Working...
                        X