Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sick of seat belts locking you in???

here's an easy fix... before you start the trail, while sitting in your Jeep, fasten your seat belt and locate the connection point at the roll bar above your shoulder. use some sort of clamping device in front of that spot to stop the seat belt from retracting any further than comfortable. enjoy wheeling even more!!!
    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

that's a good idea ... i hate when that happens! i'd love to get those racing belts, but i've heard they're kind of a pain in the a55 to use.
    My Jeep!

Comment

Get Lap Belts!! They're not very expensive, $50 or so and you can keep your existing 3 point belts. I would steer clear from 5 point belts, especially in rock crawling, they would make it damn near immpossible for you to lean out of the vehicle and see what your doing.

Ya know what I'm sayin'
      [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
      SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
      Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

that is a good idea as a temporary fix, but i too am thinking about getting some lap belts to add to my jeep.
        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
        ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

I run 3" lap belts in my Jeep and I LOVE THEM! Naturally I use the 3-point belts on the highway.

Comment

where'd you get yours? is there a difference between brands? this sounds like it'd be nice to have for the rubicon run. (oh yeah, and shower, anyone bringing one of those!? :yay
            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

www.summitracing.com
              www.jegs.com

For our purposes any lap belt is fine. Now if we were racing the belts would have to be certified, but were not so they dont
              Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69
                www.summitracing.com
                www.jegs.com

For our purposes any lap belt is fine. Now if we were racing the belts would have to be certified, but were not so they dont
                Master of the obvious!!! j/k

I got mine from Summit. There's a variety to choose from. You can have the adjusters on the floor, or up by the buckle. I like the adjusters on the floor so there's not so much stuff in my lap. I've adjusted my driver's side belt once, when I installed it. The passenger side gets adjusted more often as different passengers ride with me. Currently, it's adjusted rather small since I had some little guys riding with me last weekend

Comment

Originally posted by TommyJeep
                  [B]Master of the obvious!!! j/k
                  Thank you
                  Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

We got our RJS 5 point from Summit, but we just use the laps when crawling. Most will attach as many points as you want... 60 bucks for the hook latch, twice that for the push ins....

Comment

glad you posted that carizzojim, didn't realize that the push in were twice as expensive. I like them though, what I've seen, they are easier for the average person to use. Now I have to consider cost. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
                      X