Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YJwonderboy View Post
    O.o that's completely affordable!!!
    BTW....aren't the cherokees wider than a wrangler? Cause the 8.8's are an inch shorter than d35 on either side. an spacer/adapter would be in order....as well as an easy fix to the shorter axles. But if the XJ is wider than the wrangler...than what would you do without dumping a bunch of cash into having the tubes lengthened and having custom axles made?
    an 8.8 is shorter by less then an inch about 59 3/4. Not enough to make a differance.

Comment

Originally posted by RUGD JP View Post
      :thumbs_do Thats a redneck mentality right there. What if it breaks on the trail ? A bad weld on a bumper during recovery could end up fatal...
      Dude you seriously need to calm down about the damn weld. Trust me by the time this build is complete you wont be able to get that bumper off even if you want to. If i recal correctly the welds on your uni body stiffners werent exactly the best ive seen either... just some CC for ya.
      |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by swbooking View Post
        Dude you seriously need to calm down about the damn weld. Trust me by the time this build is complete you wont be able to get that bumper off even if you want to. If i recal correctly the welds on your uni body stiffners werent exactly the best ive seen either... just some CC for ya.
        Got your panties in a bunch ? You dont want your shit critisized dont post on a public board. not every one is agree with what you're doing.
        The best, no definetly not, but id say they're are better then the ones your buddy did on that bumper.

So did you fix this yet ?

Dont see why your getting all riled up, personally im just calling out some booty fab.

Hey Alan, if you think IM being an asshole, why dont you post it on NAXJA Advanced Fab and see what response you get. Its not cus people wanna be cool and rip on you, its cus they might know a thing or two. Just my 2 cents dude, dont cut corners during fabrication. And this here is cutting corners
        The two different size plates were kinda due to us running out of the same size "L" brackets, but what we used was a thicker wall and a little bigger so we figured it would be OK and the smaller "L" fit better on the inner side. It was sunday and the metal shop was closed. Thanks for the CC Mike
        Last edited by RUGD JP; 03-04-07, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Booty Fab

Okay, so I have kept quite! But now you’re calling my work Booty fab! This I have a problem with…..Your judging an entire build up, based on a weld….A weld That has plenty of penetration and equal parts of upper and lower material. The stroke in this particular weld may not be as clean as I would have liked! But it is by no means not strong. SO is the gap you have problems with??? Is it the different sized plate (L) brackets? Clarify yourself….This bumper is not going anywhere especially because it is part of a whole bigger picture not stated as of yet. Rugged I don’t know you nor do I care but you need to chill out I realize you are a professional/certified welder but not all of us are! We work with what we have and make the welds as strong as possible…If you don’t like what you see that’s fine it’s your opinion, but quite clouding this post with your crap!
          When we are complete your more then welcome to come over and critique the work in person…Otherwise chill relax and you might learn something…..I don’t feel the need to point out your welds…Its your rig so have at it..To the rest of MJR I apologize this pissing match is annoying…….XJs suck anyway………….just kidding:yay:
          Head nut at Outdoorlogic
          Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials
          www.facebook.com/outdoorlogic

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyrig View Post
            Okay, so I have kept quite! But now you’re calling my work Booty fab! This I have a problem with…..Your judging an entire build up, based on a weld….A weld That has plenty of penetration and equal parts of upper and lower material. The stroke in this particular weld may not be as clean as I would have liked! But it is by no means not strong. SO is the gap you have problems with??? Is it the different sized plate (L) brackets? Clarify yourself….This bumper is not going anywhere especially because it is part of a whole bigger picture not stated as of yet. Rugged I don’t know you nor do I care but you need to chill out I realize you are a professional/certified welder but not all of us are! We work with what we have and make the welds as strong as possible…If you don’t like what you see that’s fine it’s your opinion, but quite clouding this post with your crap!
            When we are complete your more then welcome to come over and critique the work in person…Otherwise chill relax and you might learn something…..I don’t feel the need to point out your welds…Its your rig so have at it..To the rest of MJR I apologize this pissing match is annoying…….XJs suck anyway………….just kidding:yay:
            To clarify myself like ive been asked to:

A) Im talking about that one weld specifically.
            B) The gap i have a HUGE problem with, that bumper will shift if it is tugged on to hard.
            C) 2 different sized plates ... why ?

Just so you dont think im being an ass on purpose, these welds look great

Never claimed to be certified welder, nor do i want to be. I dont think this is a piss match.. This is what these boards are about, so we judge and give opinions right? Sounds like i hurt both your feelings..
            Last edited by RUGD JP; 03-04-07, 11:56 PM.

Comment

to answer questions
              a. I promise you its not as bad as it looks
              b. Yes the gap is not ideal but once again only part one of 12
              C.huh, howd you manage to make it snug? put plate in between there, i was looking at that as well. The two different size plates were kinda due to us running out of the same size "L" brackets, but what we used was a thicker wall and a little bigger so we figured it would be OK and the smaller "L" fit better on the inner side. It was sunday and the metal shop was closed. <<<<<from like page 2.... Dont worry my panties are not bunched
              Last edited by jimmyrig; 03-05-07, 12:05 AM. Reason: update
              Head nut at Outdoorlogic
              Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials

Comment

Fair enough. Anxious to see the rest of the build. :beer:

Comment

:thumbs_up ................
                  Head nut at Outdoorlogic

Comment

Well its been a while since i've updated my build progress... We've been REALLY busy at BS Fab trying to get everyone's projects done because our main builder Jimmy (JimmyRig) is sadly moving to Oregon. RIP Jimmy RIP lol.

First off, let me just say that I HATE grinding, its probably the worst most tedious part of fabricating and swaping axles sucks! haha Also, just like to give a quick thanks to Jimmy (JimmyRig), Johnson (MaczPayne), Rudy (Villa), and the rest of the BS Fab crew. Without you guys id be a bolt on queen. I really appreciate it and owe you all big time.

Now on to the good stuff!

Whats that thats under my rear end now???!!

Thats right! Its an 8.8! Got it at the wreaker for $125 disc to disc. It came out of a 96 explorer, 31 spline, 4.10s, and the factory limited slip.

Since i swaped the rear i figured id swap out the front...

Its nothing special, HP D30 with 4.10s from a TJ. Pretty much just swapped it cause it was cheaper then having a gear job done on mine.

Since i swapped out my rear axle, I figured why not do the shocks throught he floor? So i hacked up the rear and built a shock bar in the trunk.

Made the ride a lot snottier (as XJKevin would put it) lol Just need to swap out my shocks eventually.

And finally... we finished up the rear bumper. Thanks to Kevin I stole his idea for the mounting setup. We cut the cap of the end of the frame rail and ran 2X4 .120 wall box tube down in there then bolted it in with grade 8 hardware and used the shackle bolt and ran it through into the box tube, its not going anywhere...

Theres still more to come so be on the look out!

Thanks again to everyone thats helped me out whether it was part, knowledge, or building wise. If anyone ever needs help let me know.
                    |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Woo hoo first post! I will say one thing: Swapping those axles out was a journey and a half! Sometimes I wished Allen was a bolt-on queen though...
                      89 Comanche - BS Fab Backburner
                      87 RX-7 Turbo - Auto-x / Track Machine

Comment

damn Allen lookin really good, i dig on the bumper, your jeep is lookin really sweet.//Kevin

Comment

Looks great Allen. Kudos to you and BS Fab
                          Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Thanks guys. I appreciate it! theres more to come...

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Allen,
                              That XJ has come a longggg way dude! It looks good. I just hope that bumper doesn't fly off during a rescue

You know I had to give you that little bit of greif...
                              Good job, Allen, Jimmy and whoever else. SO let's go scratch 'er up!

Kurt
                              [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                              [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                              http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Yeah it has, if it wasent for people like you and Brian, i probably would have never got into wheeling.

If your talking about the front bumper... we are gonna modify that a little but trust me when this stuff is done youll have to hack my XJ to pieces before you can take any of the parts off.

Plus i dont need to be rescued (knock on wood)

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X