Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It dont even look like the same jeep!!
    Ok, same rat patrol sign, same color and all.
    I like it. Cleaned and polished up. Sweet.
    What size are the tires now? Looks like 35's. Tube fenders. Haven't seen before. Good idea though. What do you do for mud and sand thrown from the tire?
    Anyway...Good job!!!!
    "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
    (Charles Wells)

Comment

Sorry 'bout the confusion, I ferget y'll are 2hrs slower over thar. That is w-w-w.ShrockWorks.c-o-m. Those bolts going through the floor board are sitting in a cup/spacer, kinda flush like. 2 in FT, 2 in mid, 2 in RR, bolted to 3 plates.
      Nice job, Rat Patrol.
      If they let dogs in heaven, surely I'll be trailing with y'all there.
      Steve
      '98 TJ, Steve-www.itsajeep.org

Comment

Originally posted by Mtbikbob View Post
        It dont even look like the same jeep!!
        Ok, same rat patrol sign, same color and all.
        I like it. Cleaned and polished up. Sweet.
        What size are the tires now? Looks like 35's. Tube fenders. Haven't seen before. Good idea though. What do you do for mud and sand thrown from the tire?
        Anyway...Good job!!!!
        Thanks Bob. THe fenders aren't done yet. Sheet metal will wrap the tubing to make them look like flares. I'm making a matching set for the front, but they're along way off due to time constraints. Yep, 35 Pro Comps, but I had those when you and I ran Dishpan. They just look different because of the clearance now. And actually the Jeep is dirty, but you know how trailer queens are, they shine no matter what...

Kurt
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by xjkevin View Post
          nice that created a ton of clearance back there, looks good too.//Kevin
          Wouldn't that much clearance like to have some 37" s ?
          moon buggy
          5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

Chris,
            Sorry man, looks like your thread got hijacked. :hijack: Not intentional. DId you figure out what you want to do?

Wonderboy, if you're serious, call me. # has been pm'd...

Rat

Comment

I donno Rat the rear looks like it could be an issue in the stuff I flop in.
              Nice fab but wouldnt trade mine.

Chris's rockers which I have really have takin a good beatin. When you need to spin around a boulder notten does better not counting those side falls into um.

post some pics when you got um crudded up a bit.
              97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
              WEB site

Comment

Originally posted by Britain View Post
                I donno Rat the rear looks like it could be an issue in the stuff I flop in.
                Nice fab but wouldnt trade mine.

Chris's rockers which I have really have takin a good beatin. When you need to spin around a boulder notten does better not counting those side falls into um.

post some pics when you got um crudded up a bit.
                Sounds like a freindly challenge. You got it! Will some JV rubbin' be a good start? Question? You say the rear looks like and issue. Are you talking the rear of the rocker, or the corner armor? The corners are the Poison Spider set. I made the rockers, then bought the PS stuff. A quick cut with a saw on the bottom "comma" on PS part and it fit right up to my rockers. BTW, I've already seen Chris's stuff in action. It's the mark us frustrated fabbers all shoot for...

Rat

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                  Sounds like a friendly challenge. You got it! Will some JV rubbin' be a good start? ............ BTW, I've already seen Chris's stuff in action. It's the mark us frustrated fabbers all shoot for...

Rat
                  That's a very nice compliment Ill take it on Chris' behalf.

To be honest with you Rat, the rocks never lie...JV will be a great test for your rockers

Cant wait!

Tam
                  2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                  Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                    Sounds like a freindly challenge. You got it! Will some JV rubbin' be a good start? Question? You say the rear looks like and issue. Are you talking the rear of the rocker, or the corner armor? The corners are the Poison Spider set. I made the rockers, then bought the PS stuff. A quick cut with a saw on the bottom "comma" on PS part and it fit right up to my rockers. BTW, I've already seen Chris's stuff in action. It's the mark us frustrated fabbers all shoot for...

Rat
                    The poison spyder guards are cool the question is the tube thingies hanging out.

Overall looks like a nice set-up!!

Perhaps Chris will start make rear protectors!
                    97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                    WEB site

Comment

Should I break this thread into two? Back on topic please ... I'm sending PM's.
                      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

would it be sefe just to put them into the floor boards?? ive got my hands on some stainless, so i have the material i want now i just have to bend, weld, and mount. oh and rat those look awsome, hopefully mine turn out just as nice, i would hate to rockguard stainless
                        :devil: Giffer

Comment

Working...
                        X