Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fox Shocks

Fox Shocks got installed on my TJ this weekend. No pics were taken because it took all weekend to do the front and rears. We started about 10am on Saturday and stopped around midnight. We picked back up again around 11am Sunday and finished 8pm. Not much screwing off was going on either.

Many thanks to Dukes69 for all the work he did. I doubt there is anyway I can ever repay him for this but I am hoping bringing tritip every time I show up to his house will help.

If anyone is thinking of doing this and relying on someone else to do it for you, a bit of advice: Buy the Poly performance kits and save the installer a lot of time and frustration. Yes they seem pricey, yes the seem to do more than you need but after watching and helping Dukes69 doing this install, it would be well worth the money to just buy the kits. I protested a lot over this when Dukes69 suggested it. Sometimes you should just press the big accept button and do it.

If you are going to do it yourself, then do whatever you want

Many other issues with my TJ were discovered during this install so it is hard to give any accurate impression. They do work better on-road then any other shock I have tried so far but its still a truck like ride so I hope no one gets the impression Fox shocks work magic on road.

No off road impression to give as I am currently without a front drive shaft

Hopefully in 3-4 weeks my TJ will be off-road rdy again and I can give them a good working.
    Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

I finally got my front end done this weekend as well. turned out super clean.

I haven't taken any pictures yet, but I could tonight, or maybe my friend who took some pictures could post some.
    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Did you use the Poly kit for the fronts?
      Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Originally posted by nagal
        Did you use the Poly kit for the fronts?
        yes. :yay: :cactus:
        myJeeprocks.com

Comment

must be nice :dunno:
          [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
          SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
          Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69
            must be nice :dunno:
            it is.
            myJeeprocks.com

Comment

I am Savvy.

Comment

This is interesting....
                I'm about to change my shock set ups front and rear. Mr Matt P told me to watch Mr Blaine's set-ups. I'll do the rear first but the front looks to good to pass over...
                97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                WEB site

Comment

first, thanks Blaine for the pics.

Truth is, the shock (really coilover or air shock) kit is available through Polyperformance. Everything from brackets to crossbrace, limit straps and hardware is included. You can order Fox or SAW products of your choosing with the kit or supply your own.

You have to move your stock air box, Blaine found all the stuff to make the new smaller air box work.

We also had to move some of the evap junk under the hood and it seems some years of TJ have an ac compressor tube where the crossbrace needs to be.

I'm really happy with the way it turned out.
                  myJeeprocks.com

Comment

the shock (really coilover or air shock)
                    Don't confuse your terms

The Fox Shock is a damper, an emulsifier granted but still a damper
                    "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

Originally posted by aston
                      Don't confuse your terms

The Fox Shock is a damper, an emulsifier granted but still a damper
                      I meant that the "kit" was designed to be used for coilovers or air shocks. That's why there's a cross brace between the towers. I couldn't really afford coilovers so for me it's used as a shock mount.
                      myJeeprocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
                        I meant that the "kit" was designed to be used for coilovers or air shocks. That's why there's a cross brace between the towers. I couldn't really afford coilovers so for me it's used as a shock mount.
                        OK :yay:
                        "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

Working...
                        X