Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• body lift

instead of spending a bunch of money to buy a 1"-2" or God forbid a 3" body lift, just go to your local sports store and buy some all black, generic hockey pucks. they are a perfect 1". Just drill a hole dead center and put them with your stock spacers, or alone. this is also a good solution for your bumpstops on the bottom of your spring perches on the coiled dana 30's. have fun.!
    1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

what about longer bolts??? :confused:
    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

weld them on :confused2 :confused2 :confused2 :confused2
      I got your jeep thing, now it burns when I pee

Comment

simple: you take one of the bolts out, goto osh or home depot or your whatever hardware store and match up a grade 8 thats 1" longer if your using 1 puck and so on. not to difficult to figure out.

Comment

Originally posted by brokenujoint
          simple: you take one of the bolts out, goto osh or home depot or your whatever hardware store and match up a grade 8 thats 1" longer if your using 1 puck and so on. not to difficult to figure out.
          thanks. I was holding my breath 'til you answered that and I damn near sufficated.
          myJeeprocks.com

Comment

Is _that_ what that blue glow on the horizon was
            Jeff
            OHV76V
            KG6TY
            You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

That's an inexpensive alternative! I'll keep it in mind. What kind of abuse have these things taken on the trail? Can I get them in red? :confused2

[edit] I take that back... I'd only do this if I have ONE or two mounts to replace (for whatever reason). I can get a full kit for the CJ for about $40 online (OE replacements)... but pucks are about $3.00 each!
              Last edited by USMC 0369; 12-01-05, 09:36 AM.
              [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
              Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by clarksinca
                [edit] I take that back... I'd only do this if I have ONE or two mounts to replace (for whatever reason). I can get a full kit for the CJ for about $40 online (OE replacements)... but pucks are about $3.00 each!
                exactly.
                myJeeprocks.com

Comment

Don't know about the TJ's - but there's two different lengths of 1/2"-13 bolt for the body mounts on a YJ or CJ.

Your chances of finding 1/2" USS GR8 hardware at Homey Depot are slim, slightly better at Lowes. You're going to spend a lot more then $40 buying from them - the only way I see this being a financial "plus" is if you have a _real_ hardware store close by.
                  Jeff
                  OHV76V
                  KG6TY

Comment

1st off i did this mod and its cheap. i went to sport chalet and got the hockey pucks for 1.00 ea, then went to OSH and got the bolts for .22 cents each grade 8. DONE!

Comment

pucks break!!! hockey pucks will shatter in the cold, hockey pucks will break under strain!!! i do not advise doing this, my buddy had them in his truck, the blew apart on him and the entire body droped 4 inches (4puck stack) i wouldent even trust them in the heat of cali, cause u guys get some cold. just advice from the home of hockey, thats an old canadian trick and it will fail, maybe not the first run or two out but when it does your out more than the 50ish bucks it costs to do it right in the first place

Comment

hmmm.. perhaps.. either way, i got some REAL 1" BL spacers if anyone wants to buy em... 30.00 rancho cucamonga,ca

Comment

dont be a cheapskate when it comes to building your jeep, and attaching the whole damn body of the jeep to the frame. spend the 80 bucks on a proper 2" or smaller body lift.
                          currie makes a nice one with aluminum pucks for a few bucks more.

there, i said it. now continue on with your hockey puck mod.
                          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                          ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

LOL, anyone that stacks 4 of _anything_ to make a body lift needs tha careful application of a firemans shovel to the back of their head (repeat as necessary until the brain fart passes)

What Erik said!
                            Jeff
                            OHV76V
                            KG6TY

Comment

Hockey pucks are sooooo 1984. DUH...

I did the Cambells Body lift.

First you buy a dozen cans of color-matched Cambells. I used Tomato to match my red TJ, but you may need to buy Chicken Noodle or Split Pea to match your Jeep.

But CRASH! you're saying... If you drill through a can of soup it will leak! So I used JB Weld. Just goop a bunch on the top and bottom of the can and lower the body back down on the cans.

TAADAAA!!!

Oh and there are 11 body mounts but I said to buy 12 cans.

The last one you eat!

MMMM mmmm good.

Ride'on,

~CRASH!~

Comment

Working...
                              X