Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I have the York mounted, and I am piecing the rest of the system in tonight. Hopefully it works the way it should the first time.

Thanks for everyones help! I will post some pics too. Fun and challenging first project; thats for sure!
    Supe
    97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
    Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Comment

Hey did you finish the complete OBA set up?
      Mighty 4 banger YJ, 35's,4.88's, 30 splines, Detroits, 4.5" lift, TJ flares, Scorpion Offroad stuff, blah, blah, blah.

Comment

I did get it in working order; but, there are a lot of little modifications that need to be done. am slowly fixing it up week by week. Love it so far!
        Supe
        97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA

Comment

Just to add some fuel to the fire, I have been using my Co2 setup I custom made for under 150 dollars, and it works great, but I have filled it twice for about 20 dollars a fill (15lb Tank) Im starting to think this would be alot more cost effective than I thought VS Co2. That or I need to charge all my wheeling bodies with no OBA.
          Locked up fourbanger (Poor Mans Rubicon)

Comment

That is one of the reasons I went with the York. I didnt like the fact that I would have to re-fill all the time. In the future I will probably carry another form of OBA as Back up, especially when I get my ARB's. I would either carry a tank, or hook up an electric compressor.
            Supe

Comment

Originally posted by TJSUPE
              That is one of the reasons I went with the York. I didnt like the fact that I would have to re-fill all the time. In the future I will probably carry another form of OBA as Back up, especially when I get my ARB's. I would either carry a tank, or hook up an electric compressor.
              i use the york for everything, but have a viair 400 wired up under the hood for back up.
              if the york craps out... i can quickly switch to the viair, and keep my lockers working.
              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
              ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

http://www.gravity-werx.com/store.html

this place has great prices on the viair compressors.
                >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

So I got all my settings set and fittings tight. The york is working great. Pumping a lot of air. I love it. It was definatly a tougher install than I thought it was going be. I went to the parts store many times. All in all it was a huge learning process. Its a great first mod to do. I learned a lot about my jeep and obviously about the york.

The toughest part for me was setting up the pressure switch. The wiring was difficult for me to understand, but i ended up getting it solved. I ended up putting an air chuck out of my front bumper. I also first tried using the original flanges that came with the york. I finally bought new ones from Kilby, made my life a lot easier. Kilby was super quick by the way. I kept ordering parts on different occasions, Every time I got them the next day and the parts were right on.

I plan on re-routing some of the hoses and cleaning up the overall install. I do not have any fabricating experience so zip-ties were my best friend. I will post some pics here soon once my camera feels like working. Its your basic york set up.
                  Supe

Comment

The toughest part for me was setting up the pressure switch. The wiring was difficult for me to understand, but i ended up getting it solved. I ended up putting an air chuck out of my front bumper. I also first tried using the original flanges that came with the york. I finally bought new ones from Kilby, made my life a lot easier. Kilby was super quick by the way. I kept ordering parts on different occasions, Every time I got them the next day and the parts were right on.
                    Glad you got it figured out. Good call on the Kilby fittings - best $25 I spent on my setup. That's the one thing he sells that is not easily replaced by piecing together other stuff. Like you say, if you are in a hurry they are quick as well. I put my whole setup together last minute the weekend before we did the Rubicon last year, including fabbing my own bracket for the York. I ordered everything from Kilby, it showed up a couple days later and I went to work.
                    1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
                    My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

I'm thinkin about doing this too. I found this one on ebay 210L Should I go for it?
                      04 Rubicon
                      4.5" RE Super Flex
                      1" BL
                      CV Yoke w/ Driveshaft
                      Currie Anti-rock swaybar
                      35" el cheapos
                      Front Bumper & Rockers

Comment

http://www.dakuda.com/jeep/tech/yorkchart.html
                        I got your jeep thing, now it burns when I pee

Comment

Originally posted by tjrubicon
                          I'm thinkin about doing this too. I found this one on ebay 210L Should I go for it?

I think thats a bit expensive for a used york.
                          You cold probably find a cheaper one if you wait a bit. OR, if there are any junk yards in your area, go there. I found mine out of an early 80's volvo. Got it for 40 bucks. I was lucky becuase it was the only vovlo there with a york still in it.

Another advantage of a junk yard is that you can see if it works before buying it.
                          Last edited by TJSUPE; 04-22-05, 05:07 PM.
                          Supe

Comment

So I got all my settings set and fittings tight.
                            How many fittings left over?
                            "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

Originally posted by tjrubicon
                              pick-your-own-part junkyards would probably be your best bet i scored 2 yorks for $25 each and 2 volkswagon ac compressors for $15 each! long story why i wanted those! e-bay is sometimes full of overpriced crap (except stuff I sell, of course!)
                              Mighty 4 banger YJ, 35's,4.88's, 30 splines, Detroits, 4.5" lift, TJ flares, Scorpion Offroad stuff, blah, blah, blah.

Comment

Originally posted by aston
                                How many fittings left over?
                                quite a few!!

Oh well, I have spares now
                                Supe

Comment

Working...
                                X