Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nagal
    replied
    Thanks for the link TJSupe. I have ordered from Kilby before and the shipping time is just awesome!

Leave a comment:

• TJSUPE
    replied
    Nagal- I think Stu did his with a stock air box., He relocated it. It is in his install.

I ended up buying a lot more from Kilby than I thought I would. I tried to get a lot of pieces at the autoparts store, then I ended up just ordering from Kilby. Everything came the day after I ordered.

Good luck, I love it.

Leave a comment:

• nagal
    replied
    Originally posted by RatherBeJeeping
    Now that was some helpful advice, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• RatherBeJeeping
    replied
    Ask over at http://www.kilbyforums.com/?f=5

Leave a comment:

• nagal
    replied
    While my little ARB does fill up my tires, I definetly want something better. I have a few questions (this will be on a 98 TJ 4.0L w AC):

1. I am looking for 210R York preferably from a 75-84 Volvo 240?
    2. Kilby has a few kits listed, it seems like I need the KE-1000 which has the bracket, belt and pulley? I do realize this does not include fittings,hoses,filters and all that stuff
    3. Hey rick, where is ecology in Adelanto?
    4. Does the stock Air Intake get in the way? Kilby says you need a K&N tube style intake (I am hoping to get rid of mine)

Leave a comment:

• TJSUPE
    replied
    Originally posted by aston
    How many fittings left over?
    quite a few!!

Oh well, I have spares now

Leave a comment:

• Comrade Andy
    replied
    Originally posted by tjrubicon
    I'm thinkin about doing this too. I found this one on ebay 210L Should I go for it?
    pick-your-own-part junkyards would probably be your best bet i scored 2 yorks for $25 each and 2 volkswagon ac compressors for $15 each! long story why i wanted those! e-bay is sometimes full of overpriced crap (except stuff I sell, of course!)

Leave a comment:

• aston
    replied
    Originally posted by TJSUPE
    So I got all my settings set and fittings tight.
    How many fittings left over?

Leave a comment:

• TJSUPE
    replied
    Originally posted by tjrubicon
    I'm thinkin about doing this too. I found this one on ebay 210L Should I go for it?

I think thats a bit expensive for a used york.
    You cold probably find a cheaper one if you wait a bit. OR, if there are any junk yards in your area, go there. I found mine out of an early 80's volvo. Got it for 40 bucks. I was lucky becuase it was the only vovlo there with a york still in it.

Another advantage of a junk yard is that you can see if it works before buying it.
    Last edited by TJSUPE; 04-22-05, 05:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RatherBeJeeping
    replied
    http://www.dakuda.com/jeep/tech/yorkchart.html

Leave a comment:

• tjrubicon
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rick
    replied
    The toughest part for me was setting up the pressure switch. The wiring was difficult for me to understand, but i ended up getting it solved. I ended up putting an air chuck out of my front bumper. I also first tried using the original flanges that came with the york. I finally bought new ones from Kilby, made my life a lot easier. Kilby was super quick by the way. I kept ordering parts on different occasions, Every time I got them the next day and the parts were right on.
    Glad you got it figured out. Good call on the Kilby fittings - best $25 I spent on my setup. That's the one thing he sells that is not easily replaced by piecing together other stuff. Like you say, if you are in a hurry they are quick as well. I put my whole setup together last minute the weekend before we did the Rubicon last year, including fabbing my own bracket for the York. I ordered everything from Kilby, it showed up a couple days later and I went to work.

Leave a comment:

• TJSUPE
    replied
    So I got all my settings set and fittings tight. The york is working great. Pumping a lot of air. I love it. It was definatly a tougher install than I thought it was going be. I went to the parts store many times. All in all it was a huge learning process. Its a great first mod to do. I learned a lot about my jeep and obviously about the york.

The toughest part for me was setting up the pressure switch. The wiring was difficult for me to understand, but i ended up getting it solved. I ended up putting an air chuck out of my front bumper. I also first tried using the original flanges that came with the york. I finally bought new ones from Kilby, made my life a lot easier. Kilby was super quick by the way. I kept ordering parts on different occasions, Every time I got them the next day and the parts were right on.

I plan on re-routing some of the hoses and cleaning up the overall install. I do not have any fabricating experience so zip-ties were my best friend. I will post some pics here soon once my camera feels like working. Its your basic york set up.

Leave a comment:

• NAILER341
    replied
    http://www.gravity-werx.com/store.html

this place has great prices on the viair compressors.

Leave a comment:

• NAILER341
    replied
    That is one of the reasons I went with the York. I didnt like the fact that I would have to re-fill all the time. In the future I will probably carry another form of OBA as Back up, especially when I get my ARB's. I would either carry a tank, or hook up an electric compressor.
    i use the york for everything, but have a viair 400 wired up under the hood for back up.
    if the york craps out... i can quickly switch to the viair, and keep my lockers working.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X