Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tube fenders

I'm working on some tube frnder for my wrangler/cj (tonka) I have the tubeing bent and the rest of the frames made working on the skin now I'n gonna be useing 14ga. sheet metal. I made them a little bigger than most well wider I'd say. These are gonne be made from scratch no cutting of the oringinal femders at all. Pic to come real soon.
    75 blazer + 81 CJ-7 + 90 Wrangler = Tonka Jeep Dave

sounds pretty cool. Lets see some pics, i dont have the patience to wait for "soon" i need em now
    B R E T T
    87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

Comment

Ok heres some pic's I'm still working on them I just started skining them. I used 1 inch tubeing and 1 inch angle iron for the top and back for the mounting areas and 1 1/2 flat stock for the front part along the grill for mounting well here are the pic's there will be more to come.
      http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sgt...bum?.dir=/a816

Comment

VERY COOL!

I really like the way those are turning out

Tam
        2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
        Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Super wide for a west coast wheeler! Are you just based in Fort Irwin, but from the east? Nice fabrication though

Comment

Yep I'm based here at Ft Irwin till dec. then going to Irac. But original from Mi. I have to make the fender wider to cover the tires at least the same amount the oringaly did which was 16 inches. I have full size axles under my jeep if i did the standard type tube fender the WHOLE tire would be out side the jeep. the police don't like that for some reason???

Comment

I can't speak for Mi laws, but here in CA there's no law regarding the front tires being covered, only the rear tires. Just an FYI.

Comment

'yall need to move to AZ. Here, trucks need to have their tires covered, cars and utility vehicles don't.
                olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Well Goodtimes, today it was 104 degrees here and that's warm enough!

Comment

Those look good! I wanna learn how to weld!!!
                    [color=grey]Ryan[/color]
                    [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]No Jeep To speak of. But I got a Hummer H3[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by TommyJeep
                      Well Goodtimes, today it was 104 degrees here and that's warm enough!
                      That is hotter than it was here! If your going to put up with the heat anyway, may as well have some cool-ass loopholes in the laws to go with it!
                      olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

it was like 135 in Irac the other day and I'll be the in Dec.

Comment

Dave,

Looking good. I'm glad you have a new project. Too bad I can't maintain my duties as "shop boy".

I understand about the requirement for the width of the fenders, but, they look really wide. I'll wait for the final picture before I say yea or nea.

Later bro!

JC
                          '78 CJ-7, 304, Scout Dana 44s w/ a Detroit in the rear, T-150 w/ Dana 20, 4" Skyjacker susp and 2" body lift, 33" MT/Rs, Warn XD8000i, and others.

'97 XJ, 4.0L, Dana 30 w/ Truetrac, Chrysler 8.25 w

Comment

So how's the project coming? What'd up?

Been meaning to tell you something, not related to this post, but you don't receive public Jeep recognition in a modified XJ compared to a modified CJ. Leads me to find a way to keep the CJ in the family. However, the bad end of that thought is if that happened, I may not have a family anymore. Hmmmm, decisions!

Later bro!

JC
                            '78 CJ-7, 304, Scout Dana 44s w/ a Detroit in the rear, T-150 w/ Dana 20, 4" Skyjacker susp and 2" body lift, 33" MT/Rs, Warn XD8000i, and others.

'97 XJ, 4.0L, Dana 30 w/ Truetrac, Chrysler 8.25 w

Comment

Ok here's an update, I got the fenders all skined now all I have to do is make them look pretty I add more pic's to the same link as above but here it is again. sorry this is taking so lond to finish but we are doing alot of training for deployment to Irac.
                              http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sgt...bum?.dir=/a816

Comment

Working...
                              X