Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GP4Play View Post
    Are you still going for a inside mount?
    I have decided to go this way....do you have any suggestions? I am planning on having a fabricator in town here creat one that I can also remove and put the rear seat back in if I do need it.....

Comment

You don't need to fab up any way to mount the tire inside, just lay it flat on the floor of the tub, and ratchet-strap it down using the rear seat brackets as anchors and the screw-in anchors that are up against the tail gate on the floor (mine had some that were screwed in, not sure if they were factory or not, if yours doesn't have them you could buy them). That's going to be quite secure.

Depending on your tire size, you MIGHT be able to do this even with the seat still installed and folded up, might not even need to take it out. But with the tire back there, you'll want all the room you can get, so I'd just take the seat out.
      [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
      www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Originally posted by clg82 View Post
        I have decided to go this way....do you have any suggestions? I am planning on having a fabricator in town here creat one that I can also remove and put the rear seat back in if I do need it.....
        If you look at Gary's other thread in this section. " Pics of inside spare tire mount needed.". The 1st post on page 2 has a link to pictures of the rack the I built last month. Its removeable and allows my spare to lay flat underneath.
        Last edited by Tumbleweed13; 05-08-12, 11:52 PM.
        It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Installed the bumper tie ins last week, that took all the rocking out of it. Over the holiday I cut most of the steel back off the rear bumper that I had added to it a few years ago. Pretty much just took it back to stock other then the lower jack mount. Picked up some flat stock to rebuild the upper jack mount.

Comment

Working...
          X