Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NP 231 replacement with Klune V and Bronco Dana 20 update... stretch soon to follow

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 505 performance built the motor. They build KOH stroker motors.... they have a good reputation.

http://www.shop.505performance.com/p...&categoryId=34

not exactly sure what the full issue was this time. Haik is going to be pulling the valve cover today and will let me know.

B

Comment

• Originally posted by vwtipeii View Post
      505 performance built the motor. They build KOH stroker motors.... they have a good reputation.

http://www.shop.505performance.com/p...&categoryId=34

not exactly sure what the full issue was this time. Haik is going to be pulling the valve cover today and will let me know.

B
      You said that Haik bolted on the head? You also said that he said that #4 was bad? In order to see that the valve cover would have to come off and a physical touching of parts in side would have been needed.

505 offers good looking builds. I have only ever seen one in a vehicle though. And it ran so hot it melted the fans on the radiator and Mel at off road evo had to stop after 2-3 (about 3 miles ea) laps at Glen Helen 2013. With a melted fan setup, I think head loss and poss. motor loss. But it was their crazy HP rated build and it was fast for 2-3 laps.

Good luck with it though. I am sure it wasnt cheap and you should not have issues with something that $$..
      *Ricky Bobby* "I'm on FIRE!"... "I'm on FIRE!"...

Comment

• Sorry... let me help clarify...I put a stroker engine in last spring (Haik from Brothers did the install) The new engine had a similar issue this fall. So the engine builder sent a new head that Haik bolted on the the stroker a few weeks ago. Now it seems we may have the same issue again. Not 100% sure yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by vwtipeii View Post
          Sorry... let me help clarify...I put a stroker engine in last spring (Haik from Brothers did the install) The new engine had a similar issue this fall. So the engine builder sent a new head that Haik bolted on the the stroker a few weeks ago. Now it seems we may have the same issue again. Not 100% sure yet.
          Clear as mud now :-)

In any case if a head on a 4.0 (stroker or not, and even more so if a stroker due to decking for quench, etc) is replaced with another head, and it has roller rockers, unless they are terra yellow (only ones I know of), it requires milling and checking pushrod lengths. Something that was prolly over looked?
          *Ricky Bobby* "I'm on FIRE!"... "I'm on FIRE!"...

Comment

• Brown Santa just came to visit...

these are all the correct "flood" pattern... Jonah is playing with "spot" version I recieved incorrectly the first time.

at this price... I should add 20 pairs of them
            http://www.amazon.com/Kawell-Flood-L...ights%2C+flood
            Last edited by vwtipeii; 01-27-14, 06:32 PM.

Comment

• Bummer about the motor man :-( Hope you get it back running soon!
              [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
              www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

• Good news... it was actually a simple fix: the rotor in the distributor went bad. At high RPM the metal was separating from the rotor and flopping around and causing the engine to run horribly. Head is good. All seems to be good... for now!
                Last edited by vwtipeii; 02-02-14, 03:30 PM.

Comment

• That is good news.
                  IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

• Good to hear your up and running. If your gonna make it out to KOH, get in tough. will be there wed thru sun. Gonna do some wheel'n on saturday for sure. Maybe a night run thursday. You can lead the way with all those lights.
                    It was like that when I got here.

Comment

• heading out to KOH Thurs. I only have 2.71 low range... so I don't want to be doing anything too crazy... especially since I am just getting her back

Comment

Working...
                      X