Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea what about the fuel guage did you figure out a similer resistance sender for in the tank?

Comment

I used the stock pick up. A little easier to do on CJ.
      Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
        Come on Art. I’m surprised at you. You can easily run an external fuel pump. That’s what I did. Makes for an easy trail repair.
        then you would need a pressure regulator since that is part of the fuel pump/ sending unit, it's a big plastic contraption that has a fuel tub attached to the bottom of it to keep it from starving for fuel at extreme angles, best thing would be to retain the stock unit, just buy the pump mounting ring from genright or whatever and mount it on the fuel cell

Comment

Ok I can get this tank http://www.summitracing.com/parts/RCI-2191A/ and it will hang 8" below my bed and 4" above the bed and with the GR ring everthing works. And I can get 7" of stretch and the tank won't hang below my frame
          IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
            Ok I can get this tank http://www.summitracing.com/parts/RCI-2191A/ and it will hang 8" below my bed and 4" above the bed and with the GR ring everthing works. And I can get 7" of stretch and the tank won't hang below my frame
            Then all that remains is to make a nice mounting cradle and a nifty skidplate

Comment

Or I could get this one http://www.summitracing.com/parts/RCI-2161A and get more room. Then all I need is a different fill bezel and Savvy blank Corners.
              Last edited by curtis; 06-23-11, 04:10 PM.
              IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Comment

decisions decisions curtis .sure you dont want to keep youre jeep just like it is and buy another one to go to town on.!!!!!! lol.

Comment

Originally posted by xthread View Post
                  decisions decisions curtis .sure you dont want to keep youre jeep just like it is and buy another one to go to town on.!!!!!! lol.
                  Thats the smart way to do it. But it's to late in life for me to change now. LOL

Comment

This is a nice mounting cradle, actually this guy has a few nice mods on this Jeep

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m.../index267.html

Comment

Will a fuel cell sunk in the back bed work? going through the floor just to the bottom of the frame and sticking up just enough for the sender fuel pump assembly to still work with a bung . I am thinking this because seem like it would take the least amount of bed space.

Comment

Yea Art that guy does have a nice jeep. I want my fuel cell across the back at the rear and my supply chest behind the seats with my spare tire tilted towards the front over the tank and chest when I need to carry it. Beau I'm trying to raise it enough into the bed for clearence underneath and for the Gas fill to still work.
                        Last edited by curtis; 06-23-11, 07:34 PM.

Comment

A couple quotes from mrblaine and Gerald (savvy)

I was one of those who did the stretch tank and ended up putting a fuel cell in the bed after a year. Then we stretched it some more and it work really well. I think it ended at 104-105". On 37s it did OK. I put 39s on and no good. It climbed terrible at Moab but was OK in JV on tight trails.

As much money as I put in the the 2003 Unrolled I could have bought a real nice buggy like the current on I have! I'm not kidding!
                          __________________________________________________ ________________________

It's not that I am or am not a fan. Folks spend a lot of money buying stretch tanks, longer arms, lots of fab work, new corners to hide the cutting mess, blah blah blah and it adds up quick.

When you get all done, you will not go a single place in JV that Robert Yates and his stock wheelbase on 35's will go. The work, expense and effort simply do not pencil out and the reason I move stretch tanks behind the seats is folks have done the stretch, figured out what I'm now telling you and then do it right. Rather than waste all that money they spent on a stretch tank, they move it behind the front seats.

I will also say that most of the stretches I deal with and fix are so poorly done geometry wise that the owners always make some comment to the effect of "I just should have left it alone".
                          __________________________________________________ ______________________

May need some more thinking on this.

Comment

It's all about what you have and what you can find, Hundy stole Steve's Bulldog and has been happy ever since, His Samster went for a song also. In a way it would not hurt to find something that is built.

Comment

Well Curtis when it's all said and done I would light the torch and cut all the stuff out from underneath your Jeep and then work on your build plan, that will take care of the no going back part. Also ask Fred if you can take his Jeep for a spin, that Jeep drives very well with the 37's on the street and does the Hammers just fine on 42"s. In my book that is about as close as you can get for a hardcore wheelin Jeep that still drives nice on the street. Good buggies do not come cheap either unless you get extremely lucky and score a hell of a deal

Comment

Your right Art. I'm going to lay under my jeep tomorrow for a couple of hours. I know I make it work and that it would be the best way for me to go. What is freds wheel base? My big thing now is I don't want the fuel cell to hang below the bumper and to be legal.

Comment

Working...
                                X