Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pics from RUBICON TJ axle rework up

pics

well rotated all the brackets 3 degrees at the suggestion of Jim79CJ7, who fixes these stupid things on a (near)daily basis. ONly thing that didnt work out, was the shock mounts, they werent long enough to provide the correct amount of shock stroke, or clearance on the axle/exhaust even with the RE spacers. Will have to make new ones from scratch. However, the jeep is functional, and no driveline vibe.
    beer.. the cause of, and solution to.. all of life's problems. Come find me. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000361801890

wow alex your getting pretty good with the readywelder ! you have to rotate the shocks mounts or extend them also .

Comment

Welds look pretty solid! Did you use the flux core wire that came with the welder or something different?

BTW, I had a shock mount problem also and remedied this by going to the Nth Degree Mobility Shock Shifters. These moved the mounts further outboard toward the wheels.
      Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
      2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Originally posted by jmbrowning
        Welds look pretty solid! Did you use the flux core wire that came with the welder or something different?

BTW, I had a shock mount problem also and remedied this by going to the Nth Degree Mobility Shock Shifters. These moved the mounts further outboard toward the wheels.
        I have a set of those that I will be installing in the next couple of weeks.
        1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Originally posted by jmbrowning
          i only use flux core for trail repairs.

I have a bottle of C25 that i use for all my welding. as it takes a long ass time to use the bottle i have up with the amount of welding i do, when it runs out, i'm gonna just get a bottle of straight argon so i can do alu in addition to steel.

oh, i've forwarded the link to those shock shifters to my bud who's tj this was. dear god i hope i dont have to pull his freaking axle again, but those look like the perfect dealie-os
          beer.. the cause of, and solution to.. all of life's problems. Come find me. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000361801890

Comment

Working...
          X